Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own anything other than the story line and the character I created. Thank you.

"Hello?" Allison Walker said as she answered her ringing cell phone

"Hello I'm looking for Miss Allison Walker?" an unfamiliar voice spoke over the phone.

"This is she." Allison confirmed, as she walked down the stairs of her Chicago apartment building complex.

"Hi, Miss. Walker this is the Director Administrator for the Chicago Bulls and we would like to reach out to you and ask if you would consider taking a position with us. We could set up a meeting if you're interested."

"Oh whoa," Allison thought out load, astonished by this surprising phone call, " I mean may I ask what this position entails exactly?" she asked trying to keep her cool, but she was so anxious that she dropped her keys on the last flight of stairs.

"Oh yes of course," The man on the other line chuckled a little, "We are looking for a speed trainer for our player and with the season coming up in about three months we thought you would be the perfect choice."

Allison thought about it for a moment. It was three years ago that she had won a medal for the 400m dash in the summer Olympics, but her running days were over as far as competing herself. But, that didn't mean she didn't still have passion for the sport and want to help others, especially if it was her home town basketball team.

"I would definitely be interested in that," Allison replied, entertaining this training gig in her mind, "What time do you have available?"

"Well we would love to get you in as soon as possible because we would need this new trainer to start very soon, does this afternoon work for you?" he asked

"Oh, um yes that works," Allison replied in a whirlwind, surprised they wanted to meet so soon, "Where should I be meeting you at?"

"I can email you the address of our conference building, for a scheduled appointment at 3 pm," the man said, "I look forward to speaking with you."

"Thank you." Allison breathed, "Bye." She hung up her phone as she made her way to her car, and started the ignition.

What the hell just happened?

Before she knew it, 2:30 had rolled around and Allison changed into a more professional outfit and started making her way to the conference building. She arrived in what seemed like no time and made her way into the building. She took the elevator to the 5th floor as instructed and checked in with the women at the front desk.

"It will just be a few minutes Miss. Walker," the secretary said, "You can go ahead and take a seat."

Allison did as she said and took a suit in the waiting room as she pulled out her phone to text one of her best friends expressing her nerves. She felt a bit childish in doing so, but it calmed her nerves a bit.

"Miss. Walker?" A woman called from behind a large wooden door, "We are ready for you."

Allison quickly collected herself and followed the women through what seemed like endless halls in order to make it to a large conference room which sat four men and two women. To say she was a bit intimidated was an understatement.

"Hello Miss. Walker we are happy you could make it." The familiar voice from over the phone, "I'm Matthew the Administrative Director for the Chicago Bulls," He introduced himself and shook her hand.

"This is Jane and Willow the Executive Coordinators, and this is Andy and Ed the assistant coaches and here we game Mr. Tom Thibodeau the head coach."

He said as Allison shook everyone's hand.

"Please Miss. Walker take a seat and we can get started."

Two hours had passed, two hours exactly when Allison was holding a black ball point pen and signing her name on her contract. It was all happening so fast, it was so surreal.

The details had already been worked out, she would to speed training with the players with an assistant couch twice a week, starting tomorrow, and she wasn't in any way to be lenient on them.

"Don't worry; I'm going to do everything I can to make them better." She smiled as they concluded their meeting.

"I have no doubt in my mind about it, you'll be great." Matthew gleamed, "Glad to have you on board."