Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own anything other than the story line and the character I created. Thank you.

It was 7:30 when Allison walked onto the track where she would be training athletes today in their off-season. She smelled the freshly cut grass around the track and was astonished that this entire area was just for them. She was warm under the sun in her black Nike running shorts and dark blue Track t-shirt. She was just pulling her long hair into a ponytail when she saw one of the assistant coaches, Andy, begin waking down there stairs.

"You're here early, huh?" he laughed making his way down the last two steps.

"I guess," Allison shrugged and chuckled in response, "just wanted to make sure that everything was in order." She said, holding out her clipboard and strapping her digital watch around her wrist.

"Just messin' with you," Andy began, "The guys should be down here in the next ten minutes." Allison just nodded in response, and laughed a little in her head at Andy's corny jokes. He sure would be interesting to work with.

"Oh hell no." she heard a familiar voice laugh. She looked up to see a player who she had worked with before, Joakim Noah, who she had been friends with for about two years through training and other things.

Following behind him where other player of the team she recognized, Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol, Jimmy Butler, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott and Taj Gibson. She was told that some players would be missing today.

"Nice to see you too, Jo," she smiled as he made his way over to her adjusting his bun.

"So you're our new trainer?" he asked with a smirk, Allison just nodded in reply, "Damn Allie, now I know you're gonna give us hard shit to do." He laughed.

"Hey, you can't be mad, I'm here to make you guys faster." She joked back,

"And I'm sure you're the most excited." She said sarcastically.

"Oh how could you tell?" he asked back, making his way back over to his teammates to stretch.

"You know Noah?" Andy asked over her shoulder.

"Yeah, we've worked together in the past."

"Joakim, she's our new trainer?" Taj asked

"Yeah," Joakim nodded, "she's chill." He shrugged

"She's hot." Taj jolted back in response, causing his teammates to laugh and nod.

"She's outta your league man." Jimmy laughed patting Taj on the back, as he looked over at Allison talking to Andy.

After about ten minutes of stretching they players made their way over to Allison and Andy.

"Alright guys, this is Allison Walker, our new speed trainer." Andy introduced and Joakim starting clapping, and was shot a joking glaring look from Allison,

"Look she is a really experienced athlete and trainer so don't question her judgment, and by that I just mean don't talk back." He laughed

"Can I hear your credentials please?" Joakim laughed, raising his hand, "I'm not sure I believe little Andy here."

"Okay very funny," Allison rolled her eyes in response, "I'm sure you guys probably aren't the biggest fans of running, but as long as you keep up with what we're doing here it won't be too bad. So, to start today we're having a pretty easy day to get you guys back into season so you're warming up with an easy mile."

The players dispersed onto the track and began their four laps, jogging easily and making conversation.

"Where the hell is everyone man?" Derrick asked out load

"Not here haha." Joakim joked to his teammate.

"You ain't even funny." Derrick snickered, shaking his head.

"What did she do?" Doug asked, mostly directed at Noah, "like why'd they hire her?"

"Yeah I was surprised to see a female since we always get distracted." Jimmy added, pushing Taj over slightly.

"Hey, what do you expect?" Taj laughed.

"She uh, she's a professional runner and trainer." Noah nodded as they completed their second lap, not wanting to just give exactly who she was so easily.

Everyone simply nodded and they all finished their forth and final lap together.

"See that wasn't bad, right?" Allison asked, looking at their time on her watch

as she bent over to get her clipboard.

"Not at all."