must have been the wind

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[domestic abuse, violence, vaguely implied sexual assault]

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
must have been the wind - alec benjamin
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

sapnap jolts awake, hearing what sounds like glass shattering.

he sits up, leaning over to flick on his bedside lamp and wincing slightly as the bright light spills into the room.

the ravenette squints towards his bedroom door, trying to see out into the apartment. "patches?" he whispers quietly as if she would respond, making a small tststs noise in hopes that she'll show herself.

after a moment of silence, sapnap sighs and gets out of bed.

dream was staying over at george's, and usually sapnap and patches kept to their respective spaces, but if she had smashed something he figured he should at least make sure the kitty isn't hurt, maybe even clean it up.

he drags himself out of his room and into the hallway, looking out into the small lounge.

sapnap catches sight of the cat, curled up on the couch, seeming fast asleep. he makes his way over, leaning down from behind the couch to scratch at the fur behind her hair. she wakes up at the touch, purring lightly.

"good morning patchy," he hums, knowing full well it's probably only just past midnight, since he'd gone to bed early. "did you break something princess?" he asks and, obviously, she just keeps purring.

sapnap glances around, able to see most of the apartment since it was open plan.

he couldn't see anything that looked broken, and dream's bedroom door was always shut when he was away, as well as the bathroom, so sapnap gently shook his head, dismissing the sound as some kind of dream and heading back to his room.

the ravenette turns back briefly at the little pitter-patter of feet, unsurprised to see patches following him back to his bedroom.

she's always been an attention seeker.

the ravenette crawls back into bed, tapping on his duvet to prompt her to join him, which she does.

"well hello little lady," he greets, stroking her as he lies back down onto his bed. she makes her way up to the spare pillow on the empty side of sapnap's bed, curling up there.

"goodnight patchy," he whispers, leaning over to flick his lamp back off before curling back up under his covers and sighing, relaxed.

seconds pass.

there's another crash, followed by a desperate cry of, "stop!"

the voice sounds wet, carried by tears, and sapnap quickly sits back up again, flicking his lamp back on.

that definitely was not a dream.

"did you hear that patches?" he asks, just because he doesn't like the silence that he finds himself in, but the cat just continues to sleep, seemingly oblivious to the noise.