somewhere only we know

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[homophobia]

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
somewhere only we know - keane
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

"your highness," sapnap said, bowing slightly as he holds out a hand to the brunette, the simple action eliciting a sweet giggle from the other boy.

karl held his hand in sapnap's, leaning his weight onto the stronger boy as he climbed over the half-collapsed stone wall that leads into the woods.

"oh, why thank you," he replied, curtseying to the raven-haired boy once both of his feet were planted safely onto the grass once more.

sapnap smiled sweetly, twisting his hand so that he could lace their fingers together, hands remaining connected between them as they continued to walk.

they traversed peacefully through the woods, the surrounding land being completely empty this early in the morning. it wasn't a popular area anyway, but even less so at this time.

neither boy had to think as they navigated their way through the woods. they came out here so often that they had the route engraved into their minds, written in neat writing and filed away in the brains, in the cabinet labelled, 'my love '. there it stayed, alongside little doodles and secret post-it notes, playlists of their songs and maps of each other's hands.

they pass by the signature willow tree, giggling as they duck under the long branches, trying to avoid the tree's embrace as it twists around them, as if trying to hold them back.

the river comes into view, water still like the warm morning air.

sapnap sits down on the fallen tree with a humph, earning another sweet giggle from the brunette.

he wishes to record the sound, save it in a voice memo and play it on loop. and then, if he ever gets bored of it (which he doubts is even possible) he will tuck it back in that filing cabinet in his mind. he'd keep it safe there, with secret touches and whispered secrets, lies of friendship and nights of reassurance.

karl pushes his shoes off, like he always does, followed soon by his socks, which he pushes deep into the toes of their respective shoes, like he always does, before finally sitting down beside sapnap.

"you're such a weirdo," sapnap says, voice sweet like honey and sugar and hidden kisses and hushed promises. "getting your toes out all the time," he elaborates, reaching down to grab at the other boy's foot.

"sapnap!" karl laughs, trying to swat away the other's boy's hands as he kicks his feet around to remove the ravenette's grip, "stop!"

sapnap laughs, letting up on his attempt to kidnap karl's feet (for now).

he sits properly on the tree, pointedly ignoring how rough the bark feels to sit on as he moves his arm to wrap over karl's shoulders.

the brunette scoots over until he's pressed right up against sapnap's side, leaning his head down against the other boy. like this they can share warmth, bodies joined together like one.