hey there delilah

𝖙𝖜 𝖆𝖙 𝖇𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖙

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
hey there delilah - plain white t's
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

"hey," sapnap says as soon as the ringing stops, sliding the phone between his cheek and shoulder with a smile as he picks up the knife he'd been working with.

"hi sap," karl chirps back through the phone, beautiful smile audible in his voice. "how're you?"

sapnap sighs loudly, dramatically, and disguises the smile on his face with a sad voice as he replies, "lonely."

a sweet giggle trickles through the phone audio, one that sapnap himself grins back at, letting his eyes drift shut to listen to the noise.

"i've been gone for two days, sap," karl laughs, and sapnap can hear the phone being put down somewhere, meaning he's probably on speaker as karl goes about his life in his fancy hotel room, being all sexy and independent.

"two days seems longer when you're a thousand miles away," sapnap mumbles in response, pouting even though his lover couldn't see the playfully downcast expression. "not even that! google said it's one thousand and one hundred and forty-two miles!!" he complains exaggeratedly. "you know i'm cooking my own dinner right now?"

"proud of you," karl replies kindly instead of wasting time with sapnap's silly moaning.

"i might fly to you," sapnap starts, audibly joking. "or get a train. or drive. karl, how long do you think it would take for me to walk to new york?"

"way longer than a week, which i how long this shoot will last before i'm coming right back home to cuddle you and kiss away all your silly loneliness," karl says. sapnap can hear the brunette shuffling about, sounding like he's getting into bed.

sapnap wonders briefly if there is a time difference between them but when he glances over at the clock it reads 11:15pm and he realises that he is the one off time.

"are you going to bed?" he asks a little regretfully. "i can go if you need to sleep?"

"no, stay," karl immediately replies. "i want to talk to you more. jimmy doesn't need us until like 2pm tomorrow so i can stay up late," he reasons.

"okay!" sapnap chirps happily, smiling down at the onions he was slicing. he certainly was not about to argue for a reason to stop talking to the love of his life. "so, how is new york? tell me about it!"

"amazing," karl replies, voice dreamy with adoration for the city. "there's litter and it's very loud but it's so beautiful!" he compliments. "time square especially. i can see it from my hotel window sap, i'll send you a photo in a bit, i swear it's like looking at a star."

"time square can't shine as bright as you," sapnap says.

there's a long moment of silence before karl busts out into giggles, audibly smothering his laughter with a pillow. "did-" he cuts himself off with more cute giggles and it makes sapnap's heart warm with love. "did you just quote plain white t's?"