7.

Aaliyah's POV

"You have to get all that work done by tomorrow. I want it done all perfectly" Peter said to Kelly as we were eating dinner.

"I know dad, I'll get it done" he's been telling her that she has a lot of work to do and she should do it flawlessly for at least 10 minutes.

I looked down to see Kelly bouncing her leg up and down nervously "don't mess it up like you always do"

"it was one time" she calmly said. Peter laughed "I don't care if it was one time. I don't want any single mistake. When you take over the company, you shouldn't make any mistakes because everyone will be focusing on you and your work. Making mistakes will not be excused"

"Okay" she simply said. I looked up at her hand to see it slightly shaking "excuse me" she said excusing herself from the table and going upstairs.

"Can I say something?" Peter smiled and nodded his head "go ahead"

"You shouldn't be putting this much pressure on Kelly. She really is trying her best. I mean I went to work with her once and I've seen how hard she actually works"

"This is how I deal with things. I do things perfectly as the CEO and I'd like her to keep that going. Pressure is good for her"

"Doesn't have to be that much" I said taking a bite from my food "that's how I deal with my kids" I just stayed quiet and didn't say anything.

"If she can't take the pressure then I'll hand the company over to Mike" he added looking up at me "oh I'm sure she can take the pressure, I just wanted to give an opinion"

———

The door slammed shut making me jump and turn to look at Kelly who just walked in "what the actual fuck Aliyah?!" She yelled.

I frowned my eyebrows in confusion and stood up "what? What did I do?" I asked her "my dad told me about your little 'opinion' and that 'opinion' almost made me lose my position as the next CEO of the company. Taking over my dad's place is so fucking important to me and you were gonna make me lose all of that because of a fucking opinion!"

"I just wanted to help-" she cut me off and stepped closer to me "I don't need your help. I don't need you to act like my fucking mom. If something is bothering me, I'll speak up about it, I don't need you to do it for me!"

"I just wanted to fucking help you Kelly. You looked like you were about to have a panic attack-" she cut me off yet again "so what?! I can deal with a fucking panic attack just like I deal with every single issue that my family throws on me. I can manage my own fucking life!"

"Okay then! Fuck me for trying to take care of you and help you!" I yelled back "yeah fuck you!"

I kept looking into her eyes as her chest moved up and down while she was breathing heavily "I'm leaving" I said walking past her, taking my phone and wallet "to where?" She asked.

"Somewhere, i don't know" I calmly said as I put my shoes on. I went downstairs and texted Gavin to come to the door so he can take me to my friend's house.

"Good morning" he said opening the door for me "good morning" I got in the car and Gavin drove to the location I gave him.

I felt a tear roll down my face and I immediately wiped it. I sniffed and looked out the window "can you turn up the volume?" I asked Gavin and he nodded, turning up the volume of the music.

I feel like sobbing right now. I hate being yelled at. I either sob like my life depends on it or get mad. I cry when I'm getting yelled at by someone I really care about. Mad when I really don't care.

I hate to admit it but I care about her so fucking much.

Yes, she barely talks to me and yes, I feel like she hates me sometimes but I've never felt this safe in anyone's presence the same way I feel safe around her. She makes me feel some type of way that I like and also some type of way I don't like but crave because it's coming from her.

It's complicated and feels like it's an unhealthy thing to feel but I can't control it or change it even if I wanted to.

"Are you okay?" I looked at Gavin through the mirror and smiled "yeah I'm okay. Just a tough day" I said and he nodded "we're here but if you need anything, you can tell me"

"Thanks Gavin" I got out and went to Reagan's apartment. I knocked on the door and she opened the door for me "oh baby" she saw my teary eyes and hugged me tightly at the door.

"Let's go inside" we went inside and sat in the living room. Reagan got us a drink and sat down next to me.

"What happened?" She asked me. I shrugged and placed my head on her shoulder "I tried to help and it just turned on me. I really just wanted to help"

"What did you do?" She asked playing gently with my hair. I explained what happened to Reagan "what do you think I should do?" I asked looking up at her.

"Wait for her to calm down and talk to her. Explain that you just did that because you care about her and didn't mean any harm" she said. I laughed and placed my head on her shoulder "do I really have to tell her that I care?"

"Yes you do. If you both act like this and don't allow yourself to be vulnerable towards each other, your marriage is gonna suck more than the fact that you're forced to be married to each other"

"Try to make it work, Aaliyah"