14.

Aaliyah's POV

"Your girlfriend is waiting for you downstairs" I frowned my eyebrows at what Kelly said. I lifted my head off the pillow and looked at her "who?"

She just stared at me with pure anger then left the room, slamming the door behind her.

I groaned and got out of bed. I put on some decent clothes and went downstairs to see who it was.

"Your guest is in the living room" Noah said to me. Who the fuck could it be? I didn't invite anyone.

I went to the living room and saw Zoe sitting on the couch. Oh no.

The whole breakdown thing happened a few weeks ago and my life with Kelly after that has been a dream. I didn't need anything to ruin it.

"What are you doing here Zoe?" I asked her. She smiled and stood up "I missed you. Don't you miss me?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I sighed loudly as she got closer to me, placing her hand on my cheek. I moved my face away from her hand "what are you actually doing here?" I asked again.

"I wanna take you out. I mean you haven't been answering my texts or anything so I thought I'd stop by-" I cut her off "this is never gonna happen. I haven't been answering your texts or calls because Kelly doesn't want me to, my wife doesn't want me to"

"Oh come on, that can't be great" she said laughing "what can't be great?" I asked. She laughed again "being married to Kelly. It can't be great. I mean I dated her, I didn't have to be with her all the time and I still hated it-"

"Because you didn't take the time to understand her.." I said raising my voice a little "..i don't know what happened between you two but I know for a fact you weren't there for her when she needed you-" she cut me off "I never fucking know when she's sad or whatever. That girl is fucking heartless"

"No she's not. There are small things that change when she's upset. Like her eyes look a little more tired or that pretty spark in her eyes doesn't show anymore but you never noticed that. I did everything to make her feel comfortable and now I'm happy with her so leave me alone, please"

I wanted to walk away from her "she's gonna fuck you over, Aaliyah" I turned to look at her again and shook my head "she wouldn't do such thing"

Zoe laughed and nodded "yeah right. Keep lying to yourself" she walked away and left the house.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes so I can go back upstairs and try to call Kelly to make things right I guess. I can at least try and if it doesn't work I'll go to her office.

I sat down on my bed and tried calling her multiple times then she answered after a bit "hey" I said smiling "I can't talk right now, I have a meeting. Don't call"

When she hung up I felt my stomach hurting. I don't want her to be mad at me especially after the best weeks of our relationship.

I got ready and went downstairs so I can go to her office and make things right.

"She chose you"

I turned to look at Noah and frowned my eyebrows in confusion from what he said "what do you mean she chose me?" I asked stepping closer to him.

A small smile grew on his face as he stood with his back straightened as always "she saw you at the gathering then told her parents the same night, if they want her to have an arranged marriage then the least they can do is get you to be her wife even if she didn't even speak to you"

"She doesn't show her emotions very well but she feels more than any of us" my lips were parted. I didn't know what to say.

"Most of those feelings are for you" he said. That made me smile a little.