10.

Aaliyah's POV

"Aaliyah are you ready? They're waiting for us downstairs" I heard Kelly say "yeah I'm ready"

I walked out of the closet with the new dress we bought together. I smiled at Kelly as she looked up and down my body, looking at the dress that fit me so perfectly.

 I smiled at Kelly as she looked up and down my body, looking at the dress that fit me so perfectly

"So what do you think?" I asked. I bought it alone and made her wait outside of the store, I didn't want her to see it until tonight when I had full makeup and jewelry on. Just a little surprise.

I just want a small compliment from her. Anything would make me happy.

"You look.." she said still staring at the dress "..you look acceptable" acceptable? Fucking acceptable.

The least she can say is beautiful or pretty or even nice but acceptable is just something else.

"We should go downstairs" she said when she noticed how my expressions changed and the awkward silence after her weird ass compliment, if that even is a compliment "yeah we should"

We went towards the stairs and she held my hand before we went to the backyard where everyone was.

"There they are" we went towards Kelly's parents who were around a few people "hi" I said smiling "you look very breathtaking sweetie" a middle aged lady said to me making me smile "thank you so much. I appreciate that"

That's how you fucking compliment, Kelly.

"You make a beautiful couple" people kept complimenting and asking about us I guess "so when is the wedding?" One of the guys asked.

"Still didn't set the date yet. Waiting for the right time" Kelly said seeing me getting stressed from the question. I don't like bringing up the wedding, I don't want to make things official yet.

"I'm gonna go" Kelly said seeing a few of her friends. I nodded "okay"

"Your necklace is so beautiful. I always wanted one but this man never took the time to find something this beautiful wow" Gianna said about my necklace "oh I'm sure he tried" I said about her husband who laughed "I really did"

"Aaliyah?" I turned around and saw Zoe which really shocked me. I didn't expect her to be here "Zoe hi" I gave her a soft hug then pulled back.

"So you're married to Kelly Salazar" she said taking a sip from her drink "engaged. Not married yet"

"She's a hard one, isn't she?" I frowned my eyebrows and tilted my head slightly to the side "and how would you know that ma'am?" She laughed at what I called her making me smile "we dated for a bit. A tiny tiny bit"

"Was she always moody with you?" I asked her and she nodded without hesitation "oh yeah. Extremely, never smiled, never started conversation, controlling. She was a lot so good luck with her"