16.

(Tw:sexual assault)

Aaliyah's POV

I went shopping on my own today because my friends were busy and I felt like shopping also Kelly was busy.

I went into a store then heard someone call my name. A very familiar fucking voice.

I kept walking, faster trying to lose him in the store then I felt someone hold my arm and turn me around "hey" Rick said pulling me closer to him as we stood in a corner were no one was there.

My amazing fucking luck.

"I miss you so much babygirl" he said gripping my waist with his other hand "Rick-" he cut me off and moved closer to my face, kissing my cheek as my heart started beating faster "remember how much you moaned that name?" He whispered biting my ear a little which disgusted me in an indescribable way.

I am badass just not all the time especially with people that hurt me, very badly.

He hurt me in so many ways. I had to call the police on him because he didn't let me breakup with him but he's rich and had connections so he spent like 2 months in jail for abuse.

My sister told me I can try to put him in jail again but I didn't want to do anything related to this man. I want to get rid of him.

Guess he's back.

"Heard you're married to Kelly Salazar" he said. I swallowed nervously and nodded "I am"

He turned me around and held my hips, pressing up against me from behind "excuse me" we turned around and looked at the guard that approached us "is this man bothering you?" He asked me and I nodded as Rick shook his head "come with me sir"

"I'll see you later baby" he whispered in my ear, a smirk on his face as the security guard pulled him away.

I let out a shaky breathe and clenched my fists, trying to get my breathing back to normal.

I left the mall and went back home to Kelly. Noah told me she's in the backyard so I went there "hey pretty, did you have fun?" I didn't answer her and just sat down next to her, placing my head on her shoulder.

Feeling her around me makes me feel better and very safe.

"Everything okay?" She asked wrapping her arm around my shoulder "I don't wanna talk about it" I didn't want to lie and say everything is okay. I want her to be here for me and know that I'm not feeling okay.

She held my chin and made me look up at her "did anyone hurt you?" She asked rubbing my skin softly. I kept quiet and didn't say anything "who was it? You can tell me"

"I really don't wanna talk about it" she sighed and nodded, placing a kiss on my forehead "whenever you wanna talk, I'm here"

———

"Hey" the people who worked at the company turned around and looked at me "hi, wanna join the birthday party? Misses Salazar is in a meeting so you can spend some time with us" Liliana said, the others agreeing with her.

I thought about it for a bit and nodded "okay"

We had so much fun then I heard Kelly's voice. I turned around and smiled at her "what an amazing surprise" she said pecking my lips and hugging me "I missed you" she added.

"I missed you too" as we were hugging, I opened my eyes for a split second and saw Rick standing a bit away from us with a few guys, smirking at me.

I started to get anxious.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax into the hug, tightening my arms around Kelly "you okay baby?" Baby, that's really nice.

"I'm okay" I pulled back from the hug and smiled weakly at her "I have a few things I have to get done with these guys, give me ten or fifteen minutes and I'll be back to celebrate with you" she said smiling as she looked at everyone "okay"

She pecked my lips and walked to her office with the others. Rick was one of them. He walked by and winked at me. Ew.

"You have an amazing effect on her" I turned to look at the others and laughed nervously "what do you mean?" I asked.

"She's smiling. She looks like she's feeling genuine happiness. You have an effect on her and it's amazing"

We talked for a while then I decided to go to the kitchen they have to make myself some coffee that is actually drinkable.

As I was making it, I felt someone press against me from behind and a hand on my waist. It wasn't Kelly. It's a harsh touch.

"How is my favorite girl?" Rick whispered into my ear. He turned me around and pressed me hardly on the counter behind me "you're so fucking beautiful. I miss you" he said, his hand moving down to my ass.

"I love you" he whispered leaning down to kiss me but I moved my face to the side. He held my chin and made me look at him "you're claiming that you love me when you fucking hit me almost everyday we were together. Yeah that's love" I said raising my voice a little.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Before he even had the chance to say anything, we looked at Kelly "Mister Turner, I'd like to see you in my office, right now" she sternly said to Rick as she stood next to the door with her hands behind her back and a serious look on her face.

"I thought we were done-" she cut him off "now" she demanded again and he let go of me, going out of the kitchen into Kelly's office.

Kelly walked right behind him and slammed the door shut, locking it right after.

"What's gonna happen?" I asked the workers who all went back to their jobs after the cute birthday party they had "it's better if you never find out" one of the guys said.

After a bit, Kelly walked out of the office "where is he?" I asked her. She placed her lips on mine then backed away, moving some hair away from my face "let's go"

She held my waist and we turned around to walk to the elevator but I tried turning to peek into her office but one of the people she works with, walked in and closed the door behind him.

I didn't ask anymore questions and just stayed quiet until we got to the car.

Kelly opened the passenger door for me and I got in. She went to the driver's side, getting in and driving away.

I looked over at her to see her smoking a cigarette as she held the steering wheel with the other hand.

What did she do to him?

Why didn't he walk out with her?

Did he pass out?

Is it because she hit him too hard?

Or did she kill him?

Could she kill someone?

Has she done it before?

Is she a murderer or some kind of serial killer?

After she finished the cigarette, she placed her hand on my thigh "we're gonna talk about it when we get home. You need to let it out"

"I'm okay with not talking about it" I said. She shook her head "just because you're okay with it doesn't mean it's good for you. Talk to me about it, I'll listen to you talk for hours if that means you'll feel safer or less overwhelmed"

———

"You ready to talk?" She asked sitting down on the couch next to me "I don't know how to start"

"Are you okay?" She rubbed my arm softly and pulled me closer to her "I think. I just had past with him and it scared me" I said laughing nervously "that's okay, it's scary" she kissed the side of my head and hugged me even tighter.

"I don't know how to talk about it" I said and she nodded "that's okay. I'll help you. I'll be right here to help you get through it all"