Calm before the Storm

Ghost knocked on the door and poked his head in. "Y/N?"

You glanced up from your phone. "Hey, Ghost."

"I wanna talk to her!" Soap said, trying to push Ghost out of the way.

"Your whiny voice makes me wanna cut my ears off, MacTavish." Gaz said as he put his hands over his ears.

"You two are annoying with your constant bickering. Price said as he pushed his way through Soap and Gaz and towards the door. "I just wanted to see how you were holding up. I know you were pretty upset."

You sat up in your bed. "I tried not to be. Val and I trained together, and I actually started to like her. After I left, I didn't think she'd start up a fucking drug ring. I think that's why it hit closer to home."

Price nodded. "I understand. You're already under enough stress. This must have put a huge load on your shoulders." He pulled you into a gentle but firm hug.

"It did but it doesn't matter now." You said, pulling away after a bit. "I'm gonna pack my stuff for the trip, Captain."

Price gave you a nod. "Right, boys with me. I need to talk to all of you outside."

Soap, Gaz, and Ghost followed Price outside to the mess hall.

"Listen, we all know that Bandit is going through a rough patch after finding out El Sin Nombre was Valeria. We don't need to make her even more upset by bringing her up. We've got to find a missile in Guatemala before they get to Kenya. Try to keep your heads screwed on straight. Now, go pack your stuff." Price gestured for them to leave.

Soap frowned. "Poor girl's gettin put through the ringer."

"Yeah," Gaz replied, looking down at the floor. "She shouldn't have to be going through this, but we have to shift our focus on finding the missiles."

Ghost nodded in agreement. "Right."

"Hey, how about when we get there, we play another game of cards with her? That might make her feel better." Soap suggested.

"You're right." Gaz said. "Maybe she'll beat Ghost this time."

Ghost scoffed. "Not likely."

All three of them left the mess hall to go to their barracks to pack.

Meanwhile, Graves went to talk to Alejandro and Rudy.

"So.. I heard through the grapevine that Y/N and Valeria were friends. Is that why Bandit went off on her?"

"Yup." Rudy replied. "They were good friends until now. We're gonna try and focus on finding the missile in Guatemala. I know she has.. some sort of problem with you, so it's best not to rile her up."

Alejandro nodded. "I know her well enough to know she's gonna have it on her mind. Rudy's right. It's best not to bring it up. Otherwise, she might burst at the seams."

(¯'·.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.->~•~<-.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.·'¯)

The helicopter ride to the safe house was completely silent. Your mind was still racing.

How could Val start up a drug ring? Using what I taught her and then putting it towards that??

You were pulled out of your thoughts by Soap laying his head on your shoulder.

You glanced at him, not amused if he was trying to be funny. Your expression softened as you saw he was fast asleep.

Price was on the other side of you, staring out of the heli. His attention turned towards you when you nudged him ever so slightly. "Hm?"