Take it Easy

Val gently cupped your cheeks. "Lo siento, chica.. Al menos sigues vivo.." She whispered. (I'm sorry. At least you're still alive..)

Price bent down and carefully grazed your arm. "Are her bullet wounds alright?"

The Shadow nodded. "Yeah.. oddly enough, he patched those up. As I'm checking her arms, she seems to only have first degree burns. I know her leg is pretty bad so I need to check her whole body so I can treat any other burns she might have. She does have a lot of bruising on her face and wrists."

He took a small wipe and started to gently wipe your face off from where the soot residue was.

"She's probably gonna cough up a lot of stuff. She's wheezing a lot." The Shadow listened to your breathing as he put one ear to your chest. "Yep."

Rudy took a few steps forward as he looked down at you. "But.. she'll be okay, right?"

"Of course she will. She's lucky she got out this unscathed. She'll just need a few breathing treatments to help her lungs. She needs to stay on oxygen too. I don't think she'll be healthy in time for you to go after the missile." He said, looking up at Price.

Price nodded, trying not to get choked up. "Right then. We'll talk more about it when we get to the safehouse. Thank you."

Max curled up beside you, his head rested on your stomach.

Valeria never left you. She kept stroking your hair, trying to keep herself calm.

Alejandro was a little bitter that he couldn't be beside you but Rudy helped by offering a shoulder for him to rest his head.

Alejandro took the offer and rested his head on Rudy's shoulder, never taking his eyes off you.

As soon as the pilot landed, Jose had opened the door and ran towards the helicopter.

"Is everyone okay? You guys were taking so long, I thought-" His voice trailed off as his eyes landed on you. "Dios mío.. get her inside. I've cleaned up a room with a bed downstairs. You can keep her there."

Valeria gently held her hand out for Max to sniff as she stood up. "Vamos, Max.."

Alejandro waited until Max and Valeria were outside before taking the oxygen mask off. He gently picked you up bridal style and jogged to the safehouse.

Jose lead the team to a bigger room outside of the kitchen. He opened the door and let everyone in.

Alejandro gently set you down on the bed.

"Okay, I need the rest of you outside." The Shadow said. "I need to tend to her wounds as quickly as possible."

The rest of the team reluctantly left the room one by one before Alejandro shut the door.

The Shadow gently pushed you on your side to examine the burn you had on the back of your leg.

Max stood by the door, pacing back and forth.

"What happened at Cedro's safehouse?" Jose asked.

"Cedro was burning the whole fucking house down." Alejandro replied.

Valeria walked to the couch before continuing where Alejandro left off. "We killed him and one of his soldiers. It was that or he was going to kill her."

Jose glanced at Max who was still waiting at the door. "And you got a dog out of it?"

"He was with her when we found her." Valeria said. "I wasn't gonna leave him there. He wasn't going to leave her side without a fight."

"Captain," Jose said, "what are you going to do about the missiles?"

Price sighed. "I've got it on GPS. That's what was next on my list."