Back Together Again

Meanwhile...

"Soap, any word from Lucian?" Price asked.

Soap shook his head. "Maybe their comms are down?" He suggested.

Ghost leaned back as he sighed. "Or something happened.."

Graves gave Ghost a look. "Well, it won't hurt to try and contact them again." He grabbed his walkie and spoke into it. "Shadow 0-1, how copy?"

Silence fell between the men in the helicopter as the walkie was nothing but static.

"Lucian, this is Commander Graves. How copy?" Graves repeated.

"Do you have to give yourself an ego boost by calling yourself 'Commander', Phillip?" A voice asked from over the walkie.

Price shielded his grin with his hand.

Graves groaned in annoyance. "I was out to Lucian, not you, you smartass."

Gaz and Soap choked back a laugh while Ghost was slightly amused with your comment.

"Oh sorry, Commander." You jokingly said. "Anywho, put Price on the walkie. I want to talk to him."

Graves rolled his eyes as he glanced up at Price. "She wants to talk to you, Captain."

Price snickered softly before speaking into his walkie. "Price speaking. What's up, Bandit?"

"Well.. we need you to come to this base. Lucian's sending the coordinates to Graves now. Long story short, Jose's soldier's were compromised, so we had to abandon the safehouse."

"Wait, are you okay?" Soap asked.

"Uh, we're all ok," Rudy started to say.

"He means the rookie." Ghost replied.

"Yes, Soap. I'm fine. I am a bit winded, though. We had to walk through the woods for a few hours and we had some.. pop up surprises." You mumbled.

"As in?" Ghost asked.

"Cedro's soldiers trying to kill us, chico." Valeria said.

Graves looked up the coordinates as you continued your conversation with Price over the walkie. "Well, they're about 3 hours away from where we are now. We should get there later tonight."

"Wonderful." Jose said. "We'll have an immediate meeting with you guys when you get here. Until then, I'll let everyone rest up."

Price nodded in response. "Right. We'll see you guys later. Out."

You gave the walkie to Jose who turned it off.

"Right, so you guys," he said, pointing towards a trio of his own soldiers, "put her in isolation. I want her checked up and watched closely. Got it?"

His soldiers nodded as Valeria rolled her eyes. His soldiers grabbed both of her arms and escorted her to the more secure part of the base.

"As for you guys, go rest. Except.. Y/N."

You stopped in your tracks and slowly turned your head. "You're joking, right?"