Bittersweet Reminiscence

You slammed the barrack door and paced back and forth across the room, trying to calm down.

Little did you know, Ghost and Soap were in the same barrack.

Soap jumped at the sound of the door slamming.

Ghost really didn't seem to have any reaction.

"Upset?" Soap asked as he sat up.

"Extremely." You replied, throwing your jacket off and onto the bed. "It's not Valeria. Shockingly enough. It was hard enough to get her to crack under pressure-"

"What'd you do?" Ghoat asked, ever so slightly curious as to what happened between the two of you.

You glanced over at Ghost, noticing his curious look in his eyes. You sighed softly. "What I had to, Ghost. Let's just say she cracked after I told her we were playing Russian Roulette. Anyway, not the point.." You turned away from both of them and took your hair down.

Ghost nodded in slight awe and admiration. He thought he was the only one in 141 who had guts like that.

Soap was a little bit anxious but nonetheless proud of your accomplishment of getting Val to crack. He made a mental note to never take a joke too far with you.

"The point is. Graves just pissed me off. God that fucking dumb blonde nuisance." You flopped down on the bed and groaned.

"What's up with you and him anyways, lass?" Soap asked as he sat up. "Sounds like he's been a pain for longer than you could handle."

Ghost only nodded in agreement to what Soap said.

"I don't want to talk about it. It's already painful enough having to think about the fact I spent my entire school career with that asshole."

"If you talk about it, maybe you can let off some steam." Soap replied.

You turned on your side to face the two men in the room. "I guess you're right. But I don't even know where to start with my history with Graves.."

"Simple." Ghost said, turning the page of the book he was reading. "Start at the beginning. When the problems started."

You sighed softly. "Well, I guess I could..." You sat up on your bed and took a deep breath, trying to let the memories come back.

"It all started back... in kindergarten, stupidly enough.."

(¯'·.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.->~•~<-.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.·'¯)

You ran outside with your favorite stuffed animal along with your other young peers.

You ran to the swings first.

"It was always a competition between the kindergarten classes to see who could get to the swings first. That day, i was one of the first to get there with my stuffed animal."

You hoisted yourself onto the swing with your stuffed animal in your lap as you started to kick yourself off to swing back and forth.

Other kids ran to the swings and filled them up rather quickly.

You watched as the swing got higher at all the kids playing on the playground. All the while enjoying the feeling of the sun on your face and the cool breeze on your skin and messing up your hair.