The Game

Valeria looked up at the seemingly never ending ceiling. She tossed her bullet proof vest to the side and laid down on her bed.

It was only 30 minutes into her getting settled into isolation that she heard a soft knock at her door.

"By all means come in." She said with a wide grin across her face.

You quickly opened and shut the door behind you. "Believe me, I'd rather be anywhere in the world but here." You grabbed the only chair in the room and dragged it towards her. "Sit."

Valeria scoffed quietly, looking at you, trying to call your bluff. She sensed there was something about you that was serious this time. Something she hoped that she could use against you, to get a rise out of you. She knew what you came here for.

Answers.

She sat down in the chair and leaned back in it. She crossed her legs and her arms over her chest as she did so.

"What little tactic are you gonna try to get me to talk, hm?" She said as she smirked up at you.

"Nothing. I'm just here to talk to you." You stared down at her with a cold expression on your face as you circled her. "I'll be nice. And give you the benefit of the doubt. I want those missiles, Val. Where. Are. They?"

Valeria chuckles softly. "Aw how sweet. You give me the benefit of the doubt. You wanna know where those missiles are? You'll have to tear apart this God damn earth to find them." She looked up at you, her smirk long gone. It was now replaced with an equally colder look.

"Alright." You stopped in your tracks, glaring down at her. "Just remember Val. I gave you a chance." You took out a revolver and loaded one bullet into it. "You ever heard of Russian Roulette? I think it's about time you learned if you haven't. You take one bullet and you put it into a revolver. Then you put it to someone's head and hope to whatever diety you believe in that you won't get killed. But just for shit's and giggles..."

You got closer to her face and whispered the next words. "I know you liked me. Whatever good part of you is left knows you don't want me to hurt you. So I'll ask again. Where. Are. The. Missiles."

Valeria hid her fear well. She kept her poker face and looked up at you with her cold eyes. "I don't believe you'll hurt me. You'll find those missiles over innocent people's dead bodies."

You pointed the gun to her feet and shot the round. That was the round with the bullet.

Nothing hit her. Val was unharmed. But the floor had an obvious bullet hole in it now.

"You believe me now? I'm not fucking around, Val. I have a job to do. I want those missiles. And I will move heaven and hell to find them. No more fucking games." You reloaded the gun and pointed it to her head. "Give me the missiles location, Val. Now."

Valeria's poker face started to falter. She looked up at you and grinned. "Glad to see you've grown a spine.."

"3..." You mumbled.

"2..."

Valeria was silent, still looking up at you to call your bluff which by now, she realized is long gone.

"1..."

"God damnit, I'll tell you where your missiles are."

You had done it. You had finally gotten her to cave.

"Your missiles are in Russia. Well the second one is."

"Are you lying?" You asked, not a hint of your guard being let down was shown.

"I could be." She smirked up at you. "But I think you can take my word for it. I'm the only one who knows where they're all at."

You sighed softly and pulled the gun away from her head. "I hope you know. From now on, no more games. Do you understand?"

Valeria nodded her head, very hesitantly at first.

"But you're right about one thing, Val. I did grow a spine. From all the shit you've put me through." You put the gun in your holster and walked towards the door. "By the way, don't ever think I'll take it easy on you. Ever."

You slammed the door shut and locked it tight.

Graves was standing nearby, slightly amused by your state. "You put one thing behind you? Can you put past another thing?"

You stopped in your tracks, letting his words sink in before turning to him. "Graves, don't make this about you. I think I can't put past anything you say. You say the things you said to me when we were younger with hate and anger. When I never did anything to you, except be better than you. The only reason you hated me was because you thought a woman could be better than you, even just slightly more than you ever could be at anything. So save your smart ass comments for someone who has the time." You walked off without another word to the barracks.

Alejandro was not so far away. He was out with Rudy catching up with a few old friends before he heard your argument with Graves.

He watched you walk away while Graves shook his head in disapproval.

"Don't start anything hermano." Rudy whispered. "Not until she calms down."

"I know." Alejandro replied. "I'm not going to start anything. But I know her hatred towards Val and Graves is not the best combo."

(¯'·.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.->~•~<-.¸¸.·'¯'·.¸¸.·'¯)

Word Count: 926