20

"Gwen!" Steve and Lilith were roused in the early hours of one morning by angered yelling from outside the sleepy trailer park. "GWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! I KNOW YOU'RE WITH THESE BASTARDS SO COME OUT HERE NOW!" 

"Gotta be fucking kidding me..." Steve muttered and pulled on his clothes, heading outside just as everyone else who had been woken seemed to be as well. 

Standing in the middle of the trailer park was Captain Stacy, Gwen's father and also a member of the Sheriff's department. 

"God, I fucking hate cops".

"This guy sure picks his moments". Bucky said, throwing the safety catch from his gun. "Where is she?" 

"Probably fucking Parker - Sam, go and tell Peter to keep Gwen with him while we deal with her douchebag dad". Steve ordered as Sam slipped away, the Avenger leader now approaching Gwen's father. "You do realise we've got kids trying to sleep!" 

"Like I give a fuck Rogers, you've got my daughter shacked up here and you're gonna hand her over now".  Captain Stacy raged back, really not caring if he woke the whole of Redbanks at this point.

"She's not a damn package Captain, and she's also old enough to make her own decisions". Steve said, coming to a stop face to face with him - sensing the others behind him as back up. Not that he would need it, this guy looked easy to take on if he tried anything.

Gwen's father looked angrily at him. "She's been corrupted by the Parker kid, don't see him being brave enough to come out here and face me. He just hides behind his babysitters". 

"No he doesn't!" Came a different voice as the gang parted to make way for Gwen, who was looking at her father with annoyance. "What the fuck dad?"

"You're coming home, right now!" 

"Like hell I am!" She glared, staying close to Peter who now joined her. "You don't have any control over what I do or who I stay with. I chose to leave because you're just a controlling asshole! I had no life! But I'm part of this family now, so either get outta here or we'll make you". 

Captain Stacy was fuming, "They're not family! They're just criminals who hide behind 'good deeds' that Stark keeps them busy with - they'll be the death of you!" 

Gwen moved forward and looked at him. "No dad, you will..." 

SMACK! 

Before anyone knew what was happening, Gwen was on the floor clutching her cheek, the others now holding an angered Peter back as he went to go for Captain Stacy, who had now drawn his gun. The gang immediately aiming theirs to him. 

"Hold back kid, he ain't worth a punch". Bucky hissed as Peter struggled from being restrained by him and Sam. 

Lilith was now in front of Gwen, shielding her along with Nat and Laura. "If I were you Captain, you'd best get your ass on outta here before you're resembling a colander". 

Steve stared at Stacy calmly. "You heard the wife. Gwen's made her decision, you don't like it? Well it's tough shit. She stays with us". 

Gwen's father now sized up to him. "Over my dead body she's ever gonna stay in a hole like this".

"Oh she will, even if it's over mine". Steve threatened, "Now get outta here before I do something you'll regret". 

With many guns now pointing his way, Captain Stacy begrudgingly left the trailer park, still yelling empty threats.  Peter now knelt beside Gwen and studied her cheek that was cut and bruised. "It's ok". He murmured as she silently sobbed into his chest, then looking up at Lilith and Steve. "Thanks..."