EIGHTEEN. (family weekend)

CHERRY FLAVOURED | CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
(YOU LIED TO ME, TO MY FRIENDS...)
"I knew nothing but shadows and I thought them to be real."

― Oscar Wilde

 Everything that happened at the dance was still hot on my mind, even if it was last weekend

Everything that happened at the dance was still hot on my mind, even if it was last weekend. Cooper and me kissing, not top of the list. I couldn't seem to replace the first place option, Xavier and what he asked Bianca to do.

    The second I took my eyes off my mother it felt like a magnet was pulling my gaze to across to the other side of the balcony. Xavier stood there, leaning over as well and I chewed at the inside of my lip.

    Bianca was at his side and I tried to pull my mind from that and focus on literally anything else. But how was that possible when Bianca informed me of what happened. Why did he want to forget me?   

    I get it, I hate the boy but as much as he annoyed me and as much as I wish sometimes he wasn't the way he was, I don't think I ever could have come to the conclusion and asked a siren to remove the boy from my memories and mind.

    I stared down at the families, some happy, some not. My eyes found my mother in the crowd and she was looking up at me already.

    She tilted her head, signalling to meet her in the hallway. I was going to ignore it, ignore her, but I didn't. I moved from the railing and walked down to the corridor. Figuring she meant to meet her in her office, it's where I headed.

    She was sitting in her chair by the time I got there and I shut the door behind me. "Adelaide, what is going on with you?" She asked and I bit the inside of my lip to try and stop what was about to happen.

    "Hello? I am speaking to you" She waved her hand in front of my face and I was trying everything I could think of to try to stop the outburst.

    "Rowan Laslow is dead" I let out and she tilted her head. "A kid is dead, fucking dead and you covered it up"

    "Addy-"   

    "No!" I let out, stopping her from speaking. I could feel all of the anger surface. "You covered a kid's death up. Someone I knew and then you" My breath was beginning to get more rapid, a panicked feeling rising.

    "You used your powers in a way you said you never would, you used your powers the way you always told me not to." I sucked in a breath, it was feeling exceedingly hard and I felt lightheaded.

    "you, you" My breath was shaky and I tried to shake the emotions from my body. "I can't believe you" I felt a heavy sensation in my chest and my left hand hovered over it.

    "How? How could you? You lied to me, to my friends. You let me think, you let everyone think he was okay. And he was dead. He is dead! A student is dead!" I let out and my mother moved from her desk and rested her hand on my shoulder.