Chapter 6

Jungkook doesn't come out of his room for next two days. The queen waits. Her patience hanging from a loose thread.

On the third day, the guards announce the arrival of the queen to the crown prince. Ofcourse Jungkook denies at first but is threatened by the queen.

Jungkook's kingpin eyes bore at the queen who stands in her trained posture near his bed.

"You are being inattentive towards me son. You can't blame incautious fate for what you are now.", the queen says emotionless.

Jungkook doesn't even look back, burrowing his head more towards his pillow.

"I am talking to you son, not the walls of this dull room of yours.", the queen seethes in losing her patience.

"You are so impatient mother.", Jungkook says nonchalantly.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is my presence and your attentiveness towards me."

"How did you grace your presence in my small dull room mother?", Jungkook asks turning to face the queen.

"I saw alpha Kim follow you yesterday. What did you tell him when you both met?", the queen questions still standing in the same position.

"That I am going to reject him.", Jungkook lies.

"Are you out of your mind Jungkook? No doubt we haven't received any letter from the head alpha of Phoenix yet.", the queen grits out with anger oozing out of her scent.

Jungkook crunches his nose, head spinning. Him being sensitive to strong smell wasn't helping.

"I myself am going to send him a letter. I don't want you to keep weeping over your mate turning out to be a trueblood."

Jungkook's eyes turn purple making the queen shiver but stands still not wanting to come as a weakling.

"You aren't doing anything like that mother. I won't allow you to do so.", Jungkook exclaims.

"My words are final Jungkook. No one knows this better than you.", the queen says ready to leave.

"I will run away from my own wedding. I will do anything but marry a trueblood. I don't want myself to go through what you have gone over the years."

Jungkook hears the bang of his doors being closed behind the queen.

The queen presses herself towards the closed door of her room.

'I apologise for creating such a substandard and barbarous image of a trueblood in front of you son.'

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

The very next day a scroll is handed over to the queen from the head alpha of Phoenix.

A smile appears on the queen's lips who desperately opens the scroll which was beautifully wrapped in a red ribbon.