early morning mission

Words: 3055

Bellamy and I awoke to people yelling for him outside his tent

Bellamy and I awoke to people yelling for him outside his tent. Bellamy hurriedly slid his pants and boots on, remaining shirtless. I quickly slid mine on as well, but decided to keep his shirt on.

"Bellamy, get out here!" we heard someone yell.

The two of us stepped out of his tent and walked to where people were gathered. Finn glanced at me with a frown on his face. I tilted my head, but he just gave me a look that said 'we'll talk later'.

"There!" Octavia pointed in the sky, glancing at the two of us walking from Bellamy's tent and interrupting mine and Finn's silent discussion.

The two of us stared up at the sky, noticing a pod from the Ark shooting through the sky. I glanced at Bellamy and saw the worried look on his face, which caused a confused look to appear on mine.

Bellamy and I walked back to his tent after we saw the pod land. Bellamy didn't speak as he pulled on a t-shirt, slipping a jacket on. I left Bellamy's shirt on and grabbed my jacket from the floor of his tent.

"Bell, are you okay?" I asked him, my brows furrowed.

Bellamy ignored me and avoided my gaze as he checked the ammo in his gun before shoving it into the waistband of his pants. I put my hand on his arm to stop him and he finally looked at me.

"I asked you a question, Bellamy," I snapped.

Bellamy clenched his jaw and looked at me. "I'm fine. Let's just get out there," he said harshly.

I retracted my hand and stared at him as he walked out of his tent. I rolled my eyes and followed him out and into a tent with a few other campers. Octavia made her way in.

"We should get moving," she started, then looked at Bellamy. "Everyone's ready."

Bellamy shook his head. "No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark, it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light, spread the word," Bellamy told the three others in the tent.

The boys exited, Bellamy trying to follow behind but Octavia blocked his exit.

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the Grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now," Octavia tried to explain.

Bellamy looked at her. "I said we wait till sunrise," he responded to his sister.

Bellamy pushed his wait out of the tent, Octavia and I following closely behind. Bellamy went back to his tent and I just left him alone for now. Octavia went to our shared tent, leaving me alone.

I went and sat on a log by the fire, listening to the other campers talk amongst themselves.

"Stella, what do you think that was?" a girl asked me.

I shrugged as I stared at the fire. "I'm not sure. Hopefully something good," I replied.

The girl nodded in agreement and left me alone. I think she could tell I wasn't in a talking mood.