sickness spreads

Words: 3898

The next day, a group of us went and found the crash site from the Exodus ship

The next day, a group of us went and found the crash site from the Exodus ship. Clarke insisted she came along, but I wasn't sure it was a good idea.

The group of us were all spread out along the area, searching for anything of use or, in the off chance, a survivor or two. So far, we came up empty handed. Bellamy, Raven, Finn and I were all searching near each other.

"Clarke shouldn't be out here," my brother said, glancing at the blonde from a distance.

"Her mom was on the ship. She's looking for answers. You want to help her, find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed," Raven replied to him, searching around the debris.

Bellamy had a gun in hand as he was searching the ground. "Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when," Bellamy had shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Can you blame them?" Finn retaliated harshly.

"No. I blame you," Bellamy snapped.

My eyes shot to him. "Bellamy," I said in warning.

Bellamy met my gaze briefly.

Finn scoffed at us. "Maybe if you didn't bring guns-"

"If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed," I cut Finn off, looking at him.

My brother was glaring at me, but I didn't turn away from his gaze.

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now," Bellamy said, breaking our silent argument.

"Oh!" we heard Clarke say.

We looked over and saw she was holding a hand over her nose.

"Clarke, stop!" Raven exclaimed, rushing over to her.

Clarke stepped back as Finn, Bellamy and I ran over to the two girls.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke asked Raven curiously.

"Hydrazine. Highly unstable in its non-solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist," Raven explained as she grabbed a small rock and coated one side of it in the liquid.

"I'll never get tired of you being a genius," I teased Raven with a grin.

She smirked back. "Fire in the hole!" Raven called, making sure no one was close.

She threw the rock and it landed on a pile of still burning debris. It caused a small explosion, a cloud of fire raising high in the air. "We need to clear the area," Raven said, looking at Bellamy.

"Okay, then. We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We've got to get back before dark," Bellamy called to everyone.

We all were careful getting out of the wreckage and made our way back to camp. The walk was quiet and tense, so I hung back next to Finn.