Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Mahnoor's POV
It's 10 in the morning right now. It's one day before my wedding. Time flies so fast. Three months prior, I wouldn't have thought that I would end up with a person for whom I've got feelings since I didn't even know the meaning of love. The environment in the house is tense, well quite tense. After Dada's decision about the Rukhsati of Shahzain and Mehrma. Shahzain bhai had a huge fight with Dada, over his hast decision. But dada is adamant about it. He didn't budge once. Due to Shahzain bhai's fight with dada, Barey Abu also ended up fighting with Shahzain bhai. Shahzain bhai ended up going to Islamabad after that. He came back a few times to check the preparations of the wedding but soon left. Mehrma also didn't speak for a few days, with either of us. But she soon adjusted with the idea of her Rukhsati and accepted it. Zunaira is in the seventh sky. She says that she is happy that both of her sisters are getting married ,but I know that it's all happiness until she gets to dress up. Zunaira has always been the more fashionable one between us three. She has a different kind of love for clothes and jewellery. Things between me and Shahvaiz are going fine. We don't talk usually but we do have some pleasant conversations. And surprisingly neither my mother or Muneza had pulled any stunt to call off Mehrma and Shahzain's wedding. YET! Right now I am getting ready for my Mayo. Which will occur in late afternoon.
Mehrma's POV
My mind is literally going to blast any moment. I really hate myself to take the job of decorating for myself. I regret it. I have changed the whole set up five times since Morning because I can't make up my mind.
Mehrma:"Bhai issey wahan lagao na."
Helper:"Madam pehley ap decide kerlo phir hummey batana. Ab hum Akhri dafa karenge."
Mehrma:"Kya matlab akhri dafa karenge."
I spoke in a stern voice.
Shahzain:"Ap jaisa chahey waisa kerley."
He said and grabbed my hand and dragged me. Mehrma:"Kya ker rehey ho tum Shahzain.  Mughey Kafi kaam hai, choro mera haath."
We entered his room. He dragged me towards the sofa and made me sit on it, then laid down keeping his head on my lap.
I was stunned for a few minutes.
Mehrma:"Kya ker rehey ho Shahzain."
Shahzain:"Sar dard ker raha hai. Dubado."
I started to massage his head.
Mehrma:"Davai ladu."
Shahzain:"Nahi! Bas idhr merey paas raho." He nuzzled his face in my dupatta.
I was stunned at his behaviour. Shahzain was never the person who would just display his feelings so casually. He says and I quote "Feelings should be only felt by the person they are for not for everyone". It was weird but in some way it felt good. After some time, I felt my eyes getting heavier, soon after I went to the land of dreams.
I woke up a little while later. Shahzain was still asleep on my lap. I looked for my phone and then remembered that it was in my room. I took Shahzain's phone and looked at the time.
My eyes widened. We have been sleeping for the past three hours. I shook Shahzain
Mehrma:"Shahzain utho."
Shahzain groaned.
Shahzain:"Kya hai Samaab."
Mehrma:"Shahzain utho yaar. Bohat time hogya hai."
Shahzain got up with a silly smile on his face.
I got up and huried towards the door. I opened and peaked out to see if the way was clear or not.
I heard Shahzain laugh behind me. I turned and glared at him.
Shahzain:"Ab toh na chupo, hamari rukhsati hone aj rahi hai."
Mehrma:"Easy for you to say."
Shahzain came towards me and stood in front of me.
Shahzain:"Adhi ho jao. Bas teen hafto ki baat hai..." Before he could speak further my name was called and I huried out of there.
I went downstairs where all the ladies except Mahnoor were present.
Sadaf chachi:"Tum kidhr thi?"
Everyone's attention was towards me.
Mehrma:"Wo meri aankh lag gai thi"
Vania:"Main tumhare kamrey may gai thi tum to wahan nahi thi."
Before I could make up an excuse.
Zunaira:"Merey kamrey may sorahi thi."
Mehrma:"Ji."
Everyone seemed to agree on the made up excuse. Zunaira and kinza bhabhi came towards me with a knowing smile. Oh god! Now I have to tell them where I was. Ugh! Shahzain, I'm going to kill you.
Kinza bhabhi:"Mehrma akey tum meri aur Zunaira ki kitchen may madad kerde zara."
Mehrma:"Ji aye."
Everyone seemed to believe the lie except Zunaira and kinza bhabhi, who were giving me meaningful glances.
In the afternoon
Author's POV
The whole house was in hustle and bustle. The guests were starting to arrive. The function of mehndi was in the garden. The elders along with the men of the house were present in the garden. The boys and Shahvaiz were standing in a corner, away from the guests.
Shahvaiz:"What the hell! Yaar meri shaadi horahi hai."
The boys laughed at his statement.
Shahzain:"Agar yaqeen nahi a raha hai toh thnada pani phenku. Shayad ankhein khul jai tumhari."
Shahvaiz in return glared at him.
Shahzain just grinned looking at his pissed face.
In Mahnoor's room
Mahnoor:"What am I doing, I wasn't supposed to be here."
Zunaira:"What's wrong with her?" Zunaira questioned Mehrma.
Mehrma:"She's probably just getting cold feet"
Zunaira:"I hope so!"
______________________________________
The night went with a peaceful and amazing celebration. No one tried to sabotage anyone's happiness.
______________________________________
Hope you liked the chapter.
Plz vote and comment