chapter 36

Thank you all for 20.6k reads on Makhfi. My goal for Makhfi for 2024 was 20k reads and I achieved it. It's only May and there are many months to go.

Chapter 36

Zunaira's POV

I felt numb. I wasn't even sure what I wanted to feel. Should I be angry at myself or should I pity myself. I felt betrayed more than anything else. This was not right in any way. I was engaged to another, I was promised to someone else and now I am married. Married to a man I was trying so hard to forget. This was not how I had wanted my future to be. I was tied to a man whom I tried so hard to forget. I fought the tears that were ready to spill at any moment. I didn't even bother to look for Mahnoor or Mehrma. They were to be blamed too. Sadaf tayi came and kissed my forehead. She mumbled prayers and left. All the elders repeated the same thing. I kept a neutral face the entire time but the trance broke when I saw baba. At that moment I lost it. A tear left my eye which I harshly wiped with the back of my hand. He came and kissed my forehead but when he tried to talk to me I looked the other way. I didn't want to hear anyone's explanation right now.

Minutes passed and I sat there numb, having no idea what to do, how to act. Soon it was time to go back and it was decided that I would go home with Shahzain bhai.

____________________________

The car ride was engulfed in silence. Neither me or Shazain bhai said a word. He kept sneaking glances at me, he was worried because I hadn't uttered a single word. I was lost in my own world, nothing truly mattered to me at the moment. Shahzain bhai kept driving around for some time, he didn't go straight home.That was something I was thankful for.

____________________________

Everyone was present in the living room when I entered, probably waiting for me. I ignored everyone and walked to my room. Every dam broke when I entered my room. Tears flowed consistently out of my eyes. I sat at my bed trying to calm myself down but the calmness never came. I felt more betrayed and furious as every minute passed. How did I end up in this position? I was married to Armaan, the man who I was trying so hard to forget. Forgetting my misery, I began to think about his reaction. Was he happy with our match, obviously not. He must've been pressured in this marriage the same way I had been. He would hate me more now, I got between him and his fiancé. Dread passed over me as I thought of his reaction, he would obviously throw a ruckus about it.

Time passed as I remained sitting in the same position. All this time, I had been thinking who was my culprit? Who should I blame for today's happenings? My mind went towards the woman who's fault all of this was. Anural, she was the sole reason for my condition. If she had showed up none of this would've happened. I got up from my bed and walked out of my room.

I wasn't going to sit still and watch, I needed a proper reason for me being used as a sacrificed cow.

____________________________________________

Armaan's POV

Had I ever thought that the night would end like this? No! Had I thought that it was ever possible for me to marry Zunaira now? No! Had I thought that Anural would ditch me?' No...Maybe! Still the turn of events were too appalling. Who even gave this idea to dadaji?

Mehrma

A chuckle escaped my lips as I thought about it. I picked my phone once again to call Anural, before I could call her, the door opened revealing a furious Zunaira. I honestly should've expected her arrival.

Zunaira: "mujhe sirf ek cheez ke baare mein batao, yeh idea kiska tha?" her question got me off guard. I expected a bit lashing on her part.

Armaan: "kya?" My question was ridiculous.

Zunaira: "behre ho gaye ho?" I opened my mouth to retort but then closed it when no words came out. Why the hell was I speechless?

Zunaira: "sunne ke saath saath bolna bhi bhul gaye ho."

Armaan: "kuch nahi bhula hu, you just got me off guard." in response she just scoffed.

Zunaira: "lag toh nahi raha hai."

Armaan: "toh phir ek behre aur gungey se kya kaam hai tumhey?" I replied sarcastically.

Before she could reply my phone rang. I picked it up as soon as I saw the caller.

Armaan:" haan Anural kahan ho, main tumhey kab se call ker raha hu."

Anural: "Armaan, baba hospital mein admitted hai, he had a heart attack last night." panic washed over me hearing her words. Her voice was hoarse from all the crying probably.

Armaan: "ok mein aa raha hu. Send me the location." I ended the call then turned towards a shocked Zunaira.

Armaan: "We'll talk about this later Zunaira." I told her and then picked up my car keys and wallet and ran out of my room.

____________________________________________

I walked towards the ICU. my eyes scanned the area until I saw Anural sitting on the chair. She was still dressed in her mehndi outfit. It means she has been here since last night. I walked towards her, her head bowed down. I kneeled beside her and called her name.

She looked up when she heard me. Her face was stained with tears. She bursted in tears when she looked at me.

Anural: "baba ko heart attack aya hai Armaan......wo theek toh ho jayenge." I nodded as I didn't have any words to say.

Armaan: "doctors kya keh rahe hai?" I asked a few minutes later while giving her a tissue to wipe her face.

Anural: "wo keh rahe hai ke next 24 hours critical hai." she replied and then took a deep breath.

After making her drink some water and eat something, imet with the doctors and discussed uncle's health. I also met up with her taya and tayi, who were called here by the driver. Humza's parents to be specific. He was here too. Honestly i don't really know, how he had the guts to even face her after everything he has made her go through. His gaze continuously was on the both of us.

____________________________________________

Hours passed, it was now 30 past 3. I've been sitting with anural waiting for the doctor. Uncle is stable now but he still has not gained consciousness yet. Humza was now seated across from us, right next to his mother

Anural: "I'm sorry!" Her words made my brows furrowed.

Armaan: "kyun?" I questioned.

Anural: "wo aj shaadi thi hamari, well I mean kal. Yaad hai. Dulhan hall hi naye pohnchi, isn't it a bit scandalous. Kitni embarrassment feel hui hogi sabko.......meri wajah se." A smile made its way on my lips as I remembered what had occurred.

Armaan: "don't worry! Everything went perfectly." she looked at me, clearly confused at my words.

Armaan: "I got married to Zunaira." I watched as she registered my words and a full blown smile bloomed on her face.

Anural: "really?" I nodded in response with a smile.

Anural: "That's the best news I've heard since the last few days." she exclaimed with a genuine smile and sparkle in her eyes.

Anural: "kaisey hua yeh sab kuch?"

I then proceed to tell her about everything that had occurred.

________________________________________

I wanted to clear out Anural before anyone began to hate her.

Any comments about Anural and Humza?

How was the chapter?

Hope you liked it.

Plz vote and comment