Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Author's POV
The whole house was in a hustle bustle. Everyone was up except the newly wedded couple.
Everyone was enjoying the comedy that was held in the lounge of the villa.
Zunaira:"Ab tum zyadti ker rahe ho."
Armaan:"Konsi zyadti? Equally divide karo."
Zunaira:"Kyun karu, meri behn ki shaadi hui hai to paisay mughey hi milengey."
Armaan:"Exactly to bet main jeeta hun to tum hi dogi na mughey paisay."
All the youngsters and adults were looking at the souls who were hell bent to make the other one give up.
Zunaira:"You cheated . It doesn't count. You broke the rules."
Armaan:"Yeah right! The rules that never existed. Baat na ghumao, merey paisay nikalo."
Zunaira:"Nahi dungi tumhey koi paisay." With that Zunaira ran away with a blazing Armaan right at her tail.
Mehrma:"Who do you think will win?"
Shahzain:"I think Zuni. She's unstoppable. Armaan doesn't have the guts as Zuni has. Armaan's the older ones. Well Zuni she'll use the younger ones card. So the pressure is on Armaan that's why he'll eventually have to give up."
Mehrma:"Point to be noted. Still my bets on Armaan."
Shahzain:"I'm with Zuni though."
After their little discussion they noticed that the whole family was looking towards them.
Sadaf:"Nazar na lage kisi ki Tum dono ko."
When Sadaf said this everyone started laughing. While Mehrma shied away and Shahzain laughed at his chachi's words.
While a few souls were burning in jealousy and envy.
Azaan:"Aur koi humey betting par lecture de raha tha. Arrogant much." Azaan grumbled under his breath which was obviously heard by everyone present there.
Ruhaan:"jab apney may boltey hai na to halkey boltey hai." Ruhaan told him after slapping his head.
Azaan then realised that he spoke it aloud and now Shahzain was glaring holes at him.
Azaan shrugged in response.
___________________________________
The blazing rays from the sun were making themselves known to the newly wedded couple, who were sleeping with at least 2 feet gap in between them.
Mahnoor was woken by the sunlight. She checked her phone and jumped up a bit.
The clock was showing the time of nine past ten. Mahnoor got up and sighed. She soon regained herself and went towards the cupboard for an outfit. She took a glance at the sleeping silhouette of her now husband, and entered the washroom.
___________________________________
Shahvaiz opened his eyes due to the ringing of his phone. He picked up the ringing phone and pressed it to his ear.
Shahvaiz after ending the call. Regained his consciousness and then reality dawned upon him. That he got married yesterday. He now realised that he was alone in the room. After a few minutes the door of the washroom was opened. Mahnoor became a little panicked when she saw Shahvaiz awake but soon regained her posture and went towards the dressing table. She picked up the comb and started brushing her hair.
The events of last night were still engraved in their head. Both of them were hesitant to speak to the other.
Shahvaiz was noticing every little movement of hers. The way she panicked when she saw him and that she tried her best to hide her uneasiness. Shahvaiz sighed and got up from the bed and went inside the washroom not before giving her a last glance.
Zunaira's POV
I was on the terrace trying to stay away from Armaan. The reason I was running away from him was because we placed a bet. And sadly I lost. And I know I should give him the money but he cheated. And according to me, cheaters don't get anything.
Armaan:"Zunaira tum Jahan bhi ho Bahir a jao."
He was near me. I feel it. I waited a few minutes before checking and thank god he was gone. Before I could exit the terrace. A strong force pulled my wrist and I collided with a brick hard wall.
Zunaira:"Ouch." I muttered and saw a smirking Armaan but soon his features changed into concern I guess or guilt. Whatever ,who cares.
Armaan:"Shit! Zyada zor se to nahi lagi na."
Zunaira:"Nahi, mughey to shokh hai drama kerney ka." Armaan rolled his eyes at my comment.
Zunaira:"Arrogant much."
Armaan:"On a serious note zor se to nahi lagi na." He asked, his voice laced with concern.
I shook my head, and then reality dawned upon me, I was standing way too close to Armaan and he was still holding my wrist. I instantly made some space between us. And soon Armaan also realised. There were a few moments of awkwardness between us which was killing me, so I spoke.
Zunaira:"Main purey paisay nahi dungi kyun ke tumney cheating ki thi. Abhi merey paas change nahi hai jab ayega tab paisay dedungi." With that I sprinted off.
Phew! Wait what just happened.
Armaan's POV
After realising in what compromising position we were standing in, Zunaira moved backward. I also became nervous but still kept looking at her, who suddenly found the floor much more interesting than I was. Oh wow now I'm insulting myself. It kind of amused me that the lioness suddenly turned into a kitten. After she blabbered and sprinted off. I laughed to myself at her state. Oh God!
___________________________________
I was sitting with Azaan, Ruhaan, Shahvaiz and Shahzain. We were just talking.
Ruhaan:"Tumhey kya hua hai?" Ruhaan asked, looking towards Shahvaiz.
We all turned our gazes towards Shahvaiz.
Shahvaiz:"Kuch nahi yaar. Bas thora confuse hun."
Azaan:"Kis baat par."
Shahvaiz:"Pata nahi everything is just too confusing. Like the whole ordeal with Mahnoor."
We were all a little alert, because something was just wrong. Shahvaiz and Mahnoor's marriage was a little roller coaster ride for Us. Because at first Shahvaiz hated the idea of marrying Mahnoor and then suddenly he agreed. The puzzle was incomplete. Oh God! Why are there so many incomplete puzzles?
Armaan:"Kyun kuch hua hai? You look tense."
Shahvaiz:"Ye pucho kya nahi hua hai."
Shahzain:"Khul ke baat karo Shahvaiz, humey samajh nahi arahi hai."
Shahvaiz:"Mughey Knud kuch samajh nahi araha hai. Mainey akhir kahan phasa liya hai apney ap ko. Ajeeb jhanjhat main phas gaya hu main."
Shahzain:"Kya Mahnoor ne kuch kaha hai? Koi baat hui hai tum dono ke beech may?"
Shahvaiz didn't respond, just got up and left.
Azaan:"Issey kya hua hai?"
We all just shrugged in response. Something was definitely wrong.
Mahnoor's POV
I was sitting in my old room with Mehrma and Zunaira, who were hell bent on teasing the hell out of me. It irritated me a lot. Today was a free day as the Walima was held a day later after the Baraat.
Mahnoor:"Bas kerdo ab, tabsey Bas boli jarahey ho." I know I was rude but it wasn't my fault that I was exhausted physically and mentally.
Mehrma:"Kya hau hai Mahnoor?"
Mahnoor:"Kuch nahi hua mughey kuch dair ke liye akaila chor do bas." They both nodded and silently left my room.
I really wanted to cry but I didn't want to look miserable. The whole ordeal wasn't even my fault yet I was guilty.
Flashback
Shahvaiz entered his room. I was seated on the sofa. He slowly came and sat at the edge of the bed.
Shahvaiz:" Look Mahnoor. I know this whole situation isn't ideal but we could at least try to make this marriage work. I know it will take some time bu......
Mahnoor:"Hogya apka drama." I spoke cutting him mid sentence.
Shahvaiz:"What?" He stood up. So did I.
Mahnoor:"Apko kya lagta hai apney mughsey shaadi kerli hai aur ap sabkey samney hero bangai hai to main apki ehsan mand hogai hun . Apko bohat Bari ghalat fehmi hai, merey liye yeh rishta sirf naam ka hai."
Shahvaiz:"Are you even hearing yourself? Kya boli ka rahi ho tum? Kessey ehsan ki baat ker rahi ho"
Mahnoor:"Usi ehsan ki jo apney merey par tars kha ker kiya tha."
Shahvaiz:"Kaisa tars, main tumpar tars kyun khaonga."
Mahnoor:"Now don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Mainey apki aur baba ki saari baatein sunli thi. I heard the way he begged you to accept his daughter." At this moment a waterfall of tears were falling from my eyes.
Shahvaiz averted his eyes from me and sighed.
Shahvaiz:"Dekho Mahnoor......
Mahnoor:"Leave. Just leave." He stood there for a while and then left. I sat there crying for I don't know how many hours. After changing I just slept.
Flashback over
A few tears escaped my eyes remembering the event of last night. I was too exhausted so I just slept.
Shahvaiz POV
I took another puff from the cigarette. I wasn't a smoker but I did it sometime when I felt overwhelmed. The events of last night were roaming all over my mind. I know what I did was wrong but I didn't have any option. Last night when she told me to leave. I just left because I didn't know what to do. When I came back to my room it was around 4 in the morning. Mahnoor was already asleep. Her whole face was stained with tears. I sighed and slept.

_______________________________
How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment.