chapter 37

This is a short chapter, I'll try to update more

Thank you all for 22K reads on Makhfi.

Zunaira's POV

Last night events kept on going through my mind. Aisa kya hua tha ke Armaan ran like this, and why did he reply to her so calmly? Like she left you at the altar, have some self respect. It was 5 in the morning and Armaan was still not back. I did check because I was genuinely concerned, not because of anything else.

Yeah right!

Something in me bugged, when I thought of Armaan being with her, maybe he had met her and then he must've gone somewhere else. But something kept telling me that he was with her all this time.

Author's POV

Armaan walked inside alongside Anural. Everyone was gathered in the hall as per requested by Armaan. It was clear that every single person was bothered by Anural's presence, except two souls. Mehrma and Azaan who were quite thankful to Anural according to them.

All the gazes were set at her, none had said a word but like they say eyes can say stuff the tongue refuses too. Anural took a deep sigh and then spoke.

Anural: "main jaanti hu ke ap sab mughsey bohat khafa hongey and you have every right to be." no one said anything so she continued.

Anural: " Baba had a heart attack......after my mehndi function." gasps were heard, everyone was stunned.

Dada ji: "baita apney hum mein se kisi se raabta kyun nahi kiya." Worry laced his voice as he spoke.

Anural: "tab kuch samajh hi nahi aya tha, and my mind was not in the right space to do anything........when I was in my senses, I contacted Armaan."

No one knew what to say, everyone was shocked to say the least.

Everything made sense now, but Zunaira was still not ready to accept this as the truth. She soon left the room, in her own thoughts.

_____________________________________________

Armaan's POV

I walked Anural out of the house. Everything went well, better than I had anticipated. Things were a bit messed up for Anural at the moment. She was at the place where she desperately wanted to be a while back but now i'm not sure if it is the right decision. I haven't spoken up my thoughts about the whole situation yet. And maybe it would be better if I kept it that way. The only thing that mattered to me at the moment was Zunaira. She was hell bent on ignoring me. How is all of this my fault? I tried to talk to her but she kept ignoring me. I tried to call her but her phone was apparently switched off, none of my texts were delivered.

I sighed and switched off my phone. Everything was perfect but at the same time it was a mess, a huge one.

I walked upto Zunaira's room and knocked but there was no response. I knocked a few more times but there was no response. I turned to go back, only to come across Mahnoor, who was looking at me in a sceptical way. I arched my eyebrow at her, in return she just motioned me to follow her. I huffed and followed her. I entered her room and regretted the moment I was in there.

Shahvaiz, Shahzain, Mehrma, and Mahnoor were all staring at me, and I knew I just walked in on my death.

_________________________________________

Zunaira's POV

I have been roaming aimlessly for the past hour or so in this mall. I needed to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think about the ongoing happenings but guess I'm not in luck, because I hadn't bought a single thing, which is so unlike me. My mind is on the morning scene, for some reason I don't believe Anural's story, not entirely at least. It's not like I'm saying that she's lying about her father's health. It's just that she seemed happy with what happened. I was still in a bit of a sour mood, why? I don't even know. I even called a few friends but most of them are busy so here I am all alone. I even thought of asking Mahnoor or Mehrma but then I remembered why I was not talking to them. I just got married to Armaan yesterday, but it feels like it's been forever. I walked in a cafe and sat at the furthest corner.

For some odd reason or a genuine reason I opened my instagram and searched Anural's profile. Her account was private, which made me more annoyed. I switched off my phone and gestured to the waiter to come over.

___________________________________________

How was the chapter?
Hope you like it.

Sorry for the delay.

Plz vote and comment.