Chapter 35

Thank you all for 20.1k reads on Makhfi

Chapter 35

Author' POV

The preparations have been made and everyone was ready to leave for the venue. No Mehndi function has been held as Anural's family wanted a separate Mehndi function and Armaan had not found it needed to be.

Armaan was pacing his room continuously cursing out loud as he once again dialled Anural's number. It again went to voicemail. Armaan ran a frustrated hand over his face and pulled his hair. The baraat was about to leave and this woman was not picking up his call.

Ruhaan barged in his room and told him that they were leaving. He sighed and prayed for the betterment and then left his room.

__________________________________________

Mehrma's POV

Mehrma was wearing her earrings when Shahzain walked in, he was all set for tonight's function. But something was off, his demeanour was rigid and still. He was tense about something that she sensed. He tried not to show his worries to her but she knew him more than he knew himself. She noted every act of his, she knew him top to bottom. He was a book that she had memorised by heart. There wasn't a single thing that she didn't know about him, as much as Shahzain boasted about knowing her in and out, he knew that the case was the same with her. No one knew him better than his wife.this man acted tough but he was a man child in reality. He fussed over everything like a toddler when they were alone. It usually made her laugh at his childish antics, everyone told her that sometimes she acted like a 5 year old, but the real 5 year old was Shahzain. She loved the relationship that she had with him. Their rookie banters, random glaring contents, childish antics, random debates. They were two puzzle pieces that completed each other in every way. If she was childish, he was the mature one. If she was stubborn, he was the calm one. If she was the candy he was the wrapper. If she was the marshmallow he was the graham cracker. They were so different yet so similar. They're differences were what completed them.

Flashback

Both of them were sitting in the garden. Shahzain was busy working on his laptop, while she was sipping her coffee.

Mehrma: "if you had to define me in a single word, what word would you define me with?" she asked the random question that had evaded her mind.

Shahzain didn't look away from his laptop and replied.

Shahzain: " whimsical!" Mehrma's curiosity peaked when she heard his reply.

Mehrma: "kyun?" she asked and looked at him waiting for his answer.

Shahzain finally looked at her and replied.

Shahzain: "because you are unpredictable...and before you ask let me explain. You have a different way of doing everything, rather it being showing you love and care or reflecting your hate to someone. You don't like to confess your feelings, you show them through your acts. And this is something I admire about you. Aisi kai aadatein hai tumhari that I love. You have a way of lighting people's lives. You make people happy by spreading your light and that's what makes you whimsical. Tum jaisi bhi mujhe pasand ho. You're perfect for me the way you are......Ab agar mughey tum passand na hoti toh why would've I marry you? Aisey hi nahi I'm tolerating you." Mehrma was hearing this all with a smile but his last sentence made her glare at him.

Flashback end

Mehrma didn't ask Shahzain yet about the reason behind his worry. She'll wait until he'll tell her himself. Right now she had a wedding to attend, one she tried to stop but couldn't.