chapter 39

Thank you everyone for 26.4k reads on Makhfi.

4k reads on Makhfi

Chapter 39

Author's POV

Both Armaan and Zunaira froze. The picture in Zunaira's hand felt heavy. Zunaira and Armaan both shared a glance before turning towards the person. Shahzain looked at both of them questionably. Something was wrong. Zunaira's face was pale and Armaan's breaths were irregular. These two were up to no good. Shahzain walked further in the room, making Zunaira's face paler by the second. Zunaira felt that her heart was going to explode at any moment. Out of everyone why Shahzain bhai had to be the one here. She knew that if Shahzain bhai had got to know about the fact that they were researching about Mehrma's case without anyone's approval, he would be furious. This topic was closed, years ago and they had opened up a door to the past. It was better if no one knew about it. Zunaira asked Allah for help and then said the first thing that came to his mind.

Zunaira: "Bhai apne toh dara hi diya, mughey laga tayi jaan hai. Shukar hai wo nahi hai warna abhi Armaan yaha na hota." She lied effortlessly and then gave Shahzain a small smile. Shahzain looked at her and then Armaan who was looking quite normal.

Shahzain: "yaha kuch toh ho raha tha jo mere atey hi tum dono ke chehre ka rang hi ur gaya hai." he inquired.

Zunaira: "bhai main aj Annural se mili and she told me something. Toh wohi puchne aye thi." Zunaira exclaimed.

"Kya bataya?"

Shehazain and Armaan both asked at the same time. Zunaira glared at Armaan and then responded to Shahzain.

Zunaira: "bhai, pehle main apni tazdeek kerlu phir main aapse baat kerungi." she told Shahzain and then walked out of the room.

Shahzain: "I guess Anural ne issey tumhari fake engagement ke bare may bata diya hai. Good luck" with that Shahzain left his room.

Armaan didn't know whether to sigh in relief or to be worried about Zunaira's wrath. Yallah madad! He sent a silent prayer to Allah asking for his help.

____________________________________________

Armaan's POV

I ringed Anural once again but her phone had been switched off. This clever minx, god i was not going to forgive this woman. Pata nahi kya kaha hoga. I had handled the rest of them but Zunaira was probably going to kill me. Armaan sighed remembering the incident.

Flashback

I walked in the room, only to regret it. There stood the 4 of them staring as if they wanted to skin me alive.

Mehrma: "ao baitho." Meherma urged me to sit down on the bed. I sat down trying to not be intimidated by there presence. These four together never meant anything good.

Mahnoor: "khud batana passand kroge?" she asked

Armaan: "kya matlab?" I questioned not getting the meaning behind her words.