chapter 29

Thank you all so much for 10.5k reads on Makhfi.

Hope you like the chapter.

Enjoy!

Armaan's POV

A whole week has passed since my surprise wedding announcement and Mehrma and Shahzain's wedding. They both are still the same as they were before their marriage. They still bicker like two, five year olds and they still bet on everything. So both of them are still the same. Shahvaiz and Mahnoor's relationship has also been better from what I've noticed at least. Everything in the whole house is exactly the same as it was before this stupid announcement. Speaking of this stupid announcement, I'm meeting my so-called fiance today for the very first time. And I'm excited as hell. (note the sarcasm)

I walked down the stairs and walked straight to the main entrance, ignoring all of the people who were present in the living room. That's what I have been doing for the past whole week, purposely ignoring everyone. And the amount of times I've taken a trip down the guilt road is uncountable.

Author's POV

Armaan entered the restaurant and walked towards the table number which his so-called fiance had told him to come to.

Armann: "Asalam u alaikum!" he spoke while sitting in front of the woman dressed in a shalwar kameez.

Unknown: "walaikum Asalam!" she responded. Armaan looked at the woman in front of him and observed her.

She was dressed in a simple light blue shalwar kameez.

Her hair was open and kept together with a catcher. She was fair and quite petite.

Unknown: " Dekhein I'll get to the point, main aap se sirf isliye milna chahti hti ke I could tell you that mujhe aap se shaadi nahi kerni hai. I like someone else, I've been seeing him for the past 2 years and both of us like each other. Due to some reasons he can't marry me at the said moment and merey baba meri shaadi jald us ajld kerwana chahtey hai Isliye main chahti hun ke ap is rishtey se inkaar kerdey.'' She took a deep breath and calmed herself after uttering everything. She looked at the man in front of her who was trying so hard not to laugh. She narrowed her eyes at him. Here she was telling him that she couldn't marry him and this man was busy controlling his laughter.

Unknown: "mainey aisa kya kaha hai ke apko itni hasi arahi hai." Armaan who was quite amused by the woman sitting in front of him couldn't help but laugh at the situation he was in. The fact itself was amusing for him that his father had found a bride for him, who herself doesn't want this marriage.

Armaan composed himself and then replied.

Armaan: " Merey muhn par ullu ka patha likha hai.....aap ko kya lagta hai ke ap mughey kahengi main shaadi se inkaar kerdu to main kerdunga?" Armaan smirked seeing her shock reaction.

Unknown: "Toh aap ek aisi larki se shaadi kerlengey jo kisi aur ko pasand kerti hai?" she asked silently wishing for his answer to be no.

Armaan: "Agr main kisi aur ko pasand kertey hue aap se shaadi ker sakhta hun toh mughey is cheez se koi problem nahi hai ke aap kisi aur ko pasand kerti hai." Armaan sincerely answered.

Unknown: " Kya matlab? If you like someone else, phir aap mughsey shaadi kyun ker rahe hai. You're betraying her." she screeched, she hated that he was betraying the girl who he liked.

Armaan: "How so? I can't betray a person who doesn't even know that I like her." Armaan stated and studied the woman in front of him who had a troubled expression on her face.

Unknown: "Why isn't she aware of your feelings?"

Armaan: " It's a long story." he stated.

Unknown: "Gladly I've got all the time of the day. And by the way the name is Annural" Both of them laughed at her last sentence, they've told each other about their private matters but they didn't knew each other's name yet.

Armaan: "Armaan"

Annural smiled in return.

Armaan: "As it is a long story we need to fuel ourselves." Armaan's sentence made Annural laugh.

Armaan then motioned the waiter to come near them

_____________________________________________

Armaan walked in the house with a smile on his face. He joined everyone in the garden when he saw everyone except the elders sitting there.

Azaan: "Tum itne khush kyun nazar arahey ho?"

Ruhaan: "Haan jitna mughey yaad hai tum to apni fiance se milney gaye thay na." Ruhaan asked with a smirk present on his face.

Armaan: "Haan, udhar se hi araha hun." he replied while sitting on the chair.

Mehrma: "Phir kyun tum itna muskura rahe ho, lagta hai zyada hi achi lag gaye hai." Mehrma said the sentence that was on everyone's mind. Everyone looked at Armaan waiting for his answer.

Armaan: "Kuch aisa hi samjh lo." he answered.

Shahvaiz: "Pehli mulakat main hi itni pasand agye hai kya?"

Armaan didn't bother to reply, instead he shrugged his shoulders.

Zunaira who was witnessing all of this silently, smiled seeing Armaan's nonchalant self. He never behaved like this with anyone, so it was intriguing for not just her but everyone present there at the moment.

_____________________________________________

Mehrma was sitting in Mahnoor and Shahvaiz's room at the moment. Both the sisters were busy discussing the things happening in each other's lives.

Mahnoor: "Ek baat kahu tumsey kya?" Mahnoor asked hesitantly.

Mehrma: "haan bolo." '

Mahnoor: "Yaar Armaan ki shaadi kyun horahi hai kisi aur se, I wanted him to marry Zuni." Mahnoor spoke what was on her mind and then waited for her sister's reply.

Mehrma: " Sach kahu main bhi yahi chahti thi, i even talked about this to Shahzain," Mehrma replied in a gloomy voice.

Mahnoor: "I'm not saying whoever Armaan's fiance is, isn't a nice person, it's just what I wanted and what I wished for." Mahnoor exclaimed.

Mehrma: "I know, magar aj jab mainey Armaan ko itna khush dekha toh I thought ke whatever is happening is for the best." mahnoor just nodded in return.

_____________________________________________

Armaan looked at the four men who were surrounding him.

Armaan: " Aisey kya dekh rahe ho sarey." Armaan asked the four men.

Shahzain: "Yeh dekh rahe hai ke jis larki se mangni ke barey main sunke tumney itney din bhook hartal ki thi ussey ek hi mulakat mein tum itna muskura kyun rahe ho." Shahzain asked, he was still mad at Armaan.

Armaan: "Kyun ke she really is a good person and I liked her." Armaan replied in a nonchalant tone.

Shahvaiz: " Haan tumhey ek dum se wo pasand agaye, do you really expect us to believe this crap."

Armaan: "It is your choice to believe me or not but I am speaking the truth. With that Armaan got up and left, confusing them more.

Ruhaan: "What?"

_____________________________________________

How was the chapter?

Armaan finally met his fiance.

What do you think will happen now?

Hope you liked the chapter!

Follow @irisseptember14 on instagram for story related reels and posts.

Plz vote and comment.