chapter 30

Thank you everyone for 11k reads on Makhfi

follow irisseptember14 on Instagram for reels and posts related to my stories

Chapter 30

6 months later

Armaan's POV

A few months have passed since my first meeting with my beloved fiance. We've actually become friends and you could say besides our friendship, everything is not right. Since the past few months things have been a little weird. Maybe more than a little. And I can't complain about it to anyone because I'm the one who caused it deliberately. So let me explain everything to you. Zunaira and I no longer talk to each other. And for the record I was the one who caused it. Trust me when I tell you that it was arduous for me to push myself away from her. I don't know how but suddenly everything in my life was connected to her in a way and I only realised this when I decided to push her away. My relationship with my parents is falling apart, we don't talk with each other like we used to. Hell I don't talk with anyone in this house, unwantedly I've pushed everyone away.

I walked in the garden only for my heart to stop. There she stood in all her glory, captivating everyone around her by just a smile. She was busy talking to someone on the phone, and whoever she was talking to was on my hate list at the moment. This wasn't the first time I've noticed her smiling and giggling while talking on the phone with someone.

'It could also be a woman'

My subconsciousness remarked, it might be a possibility that whoever she's talking to is a woman but my sixth sense is telling me that it is a man.

When she noticed me, her mood slumped and she bid goodbye to the mystery man/woman. I waited for her to say something but instead she stared at me and then rolled her eyes and went inside.

I took a deep breath and once again cursed myself for my out doings. I wish I didn't have to do this.

Flashback

I watched from the window as Zunaira walked into my room and jumped on my bed.

Zunaira: "kya ker rahe ho?" she asked, staring directly at me.

Armaan: "kuch khaas nahi.......... Um Zunaira we need to...."

Zunaira: "Did you watch the reel I sended you yesterday, we need to go there." She clapped her hands like a five year old in the end,which made my heart melt and made me fall for this woman once again. And all of these feelings were making everything harder for me.

Armaan: "Actually I wanted to talk to you about this, we can't go" I exclaimed and looked at her who just shrugged in return.

Zunaira: " main konsa keh rahi hun ke abhi chalo, kisi din bhi chale jayenge." she exclaimed with a smile. I huffed in a deep breath and then finally uttered those words,

Armaan: " No we can't, not today, not tomorrow and not any other day." I watched as her smile fell and she looked at me confused at my words.

Zunaira: " Magar kyun?" she asked, looking at me with so much confusion in her eyes.

Armaan: " Kyun ke hamara aisey ghoomna Annural ko nahi pasand hai and I don't want to do anything that upsets her......and I'll do everything that will make her happy, even if it means that I have to break every tie with you, I will."

Zunaira: " oh, yeah........ you're right...... I should've realised it before, it's not appropriate of me to ask you to tag along, you're engaged, you should spend more time with your fiance, your soon to be wife." with that she got up and left my room. Her last sentence made me wince, fiance, soon to be wife, oh god! I felt extremely bad at the moment but I had to do this, this was the best for both of us. Hufffff, it's a long way ahead. Hopefully it will pass quickly.