Chapter Four

• Dedicated to Mom...'cuz if she finds that I don't dedicate to her once she'll kill me

*POV Ichigo Kurosaki*

I walked around the corner; I had just finished beating up those damn stupid bikers again. If they’re gonna keep knocking over those girl’s memorial flowers, I’m gonna freaking call the cops; this is ridiculous.

I heard a groan coming from my right. I tensed. Someone else to fight? Dammit, and I thought I was done with those jerks. Oh, well.

I turned towards the dark alley and put up my fists, but nothing came up. I relaxed my hands before peeking into the alley to see what was making that sound…maybe someone was in trouble?

And, of course, there it was: The New Girl in Town. That girl Keigo brought in earlier, sleeping like a baby.

I sighed. What the hell did she think she was doing? She could get killed out here! I tried shaking her shoulder: nothing. I tried talking to her: nada. Eventually I just smiled at her.

Idiot.

*POV Adel*

I woke up in a soft bed, blue surrounding me. I shot up quickly, not even noticing the “No!” coming from behind me. I turned and there was Isshin. Wait, what?

He quickly pushed me down to the bed again, my hair going in all directions.

I looked at him, angry curiosity filling my eyes. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Where am I, and why am I here?”

He grabbed a wet washcloth and placed it on my forehead. “I’m trying to heal, you, you’re back at the Clinic, and Ichigo brought you here late last night. He said he found you in an alley. Now what in the world were you doing there?”

Crud; they found me. What was I to tell them? Well, I guess I’d better just come out with the truth; it’d get everything resolved more quickly.

I answered him honestly. “I was sleeping.”

His eyes widened. “Well, I knew that, moron. But why were you sleeping there?”

“I had nowhere else to go.”

He scoffed, grabbed another washcloth, and smacked me in the forehead. “You freaking idiot, of course you did. You could’ve stayed here.”

I huffed at him. “It never crossed my mind that I could stay here, I apologize. However, whether I am welcomed here or not, I couldn’t imagine myself burdening a family by overflowing the little living space you have, anyway. I’ll find somewhere soon enough, don’t you worry.”

He smiled at me humbly. “To be honest, yes, we do have little living space, but we have a spare room you can use. It’s just storage; we could throw most of the stuff out, anyway. But I beg you, please don’t go out in the streets; Karakura may seem like a safe little town, but it can be quite dangerous, especially for three fifteen-year-old girls. Please, stay here, for as long as you like. You can get enrolled in the high school and we’ll all be like one happy family!” His look was pleading, and I knew I was screwed; if I said no, they’d just find me again. I was stuck.

“No.” I was adamant.

“Yes.” Apparently, so was he. Crud.

No.”

“Yes.

“NO!”

“YES!”

I sighed at our childish quarreling. There was no reasoning with this man! I’d have to give in. “Fine. But, in America, fifteen-year-olds are still in middle school. We were in the advanced classes, so I’m sure we’ll be fine, but could we get like a pre-brief on what’s happened this year? I know the school year is nearly over, but we wouldn’t want our grades to slip.”