Chapter Thirty-Five

We all packed up and left the temple, our clothes soaking and a heavy burden lifted off our chests. All in all, it made for a pretty productive day. 

All was right with the world.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

“AA-CHAN!!!” Kon yelled from seemingly nowhere. I perked at the sound of my name, scanning my surroundings for the source of the cry. I suddenly caught sight of the little moron, now in his stuffed-lion form, rushing towards me in a…frilly dress?

I was suddenly glomped by a little plushie, Kon, grabbing tightly onto my bust, as if letting go would send him to the pits of Hell which, to be honest, is probably where he needed to spend some time, the pervert.

He sniffled. “A-A-CHAN!!” he cried. “T…t-that little demon! She took me and washed me and covered me in this garb! Look at me! I look like Anne of freakin’ Green Gables!!”

I chuckled at his splendor. “You’re so cute, Bostov.”

His eyes bore holes into me. “No…” he said intensely. “Not you, too.”

I laughed, pulling him off my shirt after much protest. I held him up by his arm, the rest of him just dangling in the air. “You want some help?”

His eyes formed anime tears. “Yes!!!”

I couldn’t help but grin. “Okay…I’ll see what I can do.” I carried him to the bedroom where I located some good scissors. I quickly snipped off the girly dress and flower, setting him on the bed. 

“Oh, THANK YOU A-CHAN!!” he tried to glomp me again, but I swiftly punched him away. 

“Not in the mood, idiot,” I called as I walked out of the room. Not that I’d ever be in the mood for him.

I headed downstairs; thankfully it was a peaceful Sunday. No homework to complete, no Hollows to kill (yet). When I reached the bottom of the stairs I took in the scene: Babs, Isshin, and the twins were watching some TV show while Tara and Ichigo were sitting at the dining room table with a book, Tara avidly studying the pages, Ichigo looking extremely bored. I decided to see what was going on with the couple, so I headed to the table. 

“What’s up?” I said as I settled down. Ichigo looked thankful to have a distraction and Tara smiled cheerily. 

“Hey!” She tilted the book up for me to observe. “It’s an astrology book; we were just checking our weekly horoscopes!”

“Really?” That actually sounded somewhat interesting for once! “You’re a Taurus, right?”

“April 21st! Just barely made the mark!” she looked over to her boyfriend. “And Ichigo’s a Cancer!”

I laughed. “Ooh, sucks for you. I heard they have the worst of luck! Lemme see,” I said, politely taking the book. It was open to Cancer’s horoscope:

There’s no easy way to say it, this week will be catastrophic. Bad things will rain down on you--you may even lose your will to live. <3 Your lucky number is 666. Your lucky colors are red on black!

I burst into laughter. “And tell me I’m wrong, Mr. Catastrophic!” 

He snatched the book from me. “Shut up. Well, let’s see yours and see what you’re saying when we read it!”

“Fine.” I huffed. “Virgo. Or Leo, whichever you prefer.”

Kurosaki looked confused. “Um…”

Tara sighed. “It has the Chinese zodiac, right? Just look up the Ox.”

This made Ichigo laugh. “Stubborn old Ox, how fitting.” He wasn’t laughing so much when I sent a hand flying towards his gut. But he continued to flip the pages. Finding the page he desired, he began to read: