Chapter Eleven

• Dedicated to All my fans 'cuz I havent thanked anyone for becoming a fan, b*tchy, ya I know

I had just gotten off the campus, when I heard a thump. I looked around and saw nothing. I shrugged; must’ve been a bird or something. I continued walking at my normal, fast pace.

Thump.

There it was again! What in the world was that? I looked around again. Nohting.

Urgh, that was frustrating! Starting to walk again, I pondered my day. For the first time in WAY TOO LONG, I could honestly say that school was fun.

Wow.

Freaky.

Thump.

“OKAY!!!!!!!!” I yelled. “Who the HELL is out here?!?!?!?”

A guy came out of the shadows, looking to be about twenty or so. He had this grin on his face as he looked me up and down.

“Hey, girl,” he said, coming closer to me. I backed away. It was only five P.M.! Why wasn’t there anybody on the street?!?!?!?!

He got closer to me and I could smell the potent stench of alcohol in his breath; who gets drunk this early? Really?

I knew that he would keep following me all the way home, and I didn’t want him knowing where I lived, especially with little Karin and Yuzu there, so I stopped and turned to face him. His grin widened when his eyes met mine again.

“Look,” I said. “I can see that you’re piss drunk.” He just looked at me with a bewildered look on his face, which I thoroughly ignored. “And I just need to get home. I’ve had a long day at school, so I just wanna go home and relax.”

“Well, that’s not what I want,” he slurred.

“And what is it exactly that you want?” I was really starting to get angry.

He grinned. “You.” He roughly grabbed my shoulders and pulled my face towards his, putting his nasty, booze-covered lips on mine.

I froze up. I mean literally. I couldn’t move! I tried to will my muscles to move, but honey, they weren’t going ANYWHERE.

I finally got myself to look around, once I had regained some of my strength. I was in an alley nearby, only about fifty feet from where I was originally. This drunkard had finally removed his face from mine, and his hands were moving towards the buttons of my shirt.

Aw, shit….

I had to wait for my muscles to fall back under my command. By then my shirt was off and on the ground. I’m not even gonna tell you what that guy was doing! But I had my movement back. I heard a yell, obviously male, but it wasn’t the bum.

I ignored it.

My fist connected with his face, and his head slammed into the opposite wall, knocking him out instantly. I shook my hand; it slightly ached at the sudden violent activity. To ease the pain, I cracked my knuckles.

“Adel?!”

I turned, only to see Kurosaki looking at me amazedly. I just kinda stood there, unsure of what to do.

“Yo,” I said, giving a slight wave.

His face turned red in anger. “’Yo?!?!?’ That’s all you have to say? You just punched a guy clear out--in an ALLEY--and that’s all you have to say?!??!?!?”

I shrugged. “Yeah, I guess. He wasn’t worth anything, anyway…just trash.”

“How can you say that about someone?!” he yelled. “What makes him scum?! His hair? His clothes? You know, you’re not perfect yourself, Adel! Who’re you to judge? Why don’t you just explain to me exactly what happened here?”