Chapter Thirty-Six

Suddenly the TV announcer’s voice came on: “Could everyone please be quiet? We’re about to start shooting!” The man, fat with douchey hair, counted down from five and started. “GOOD EVENING, ladies and gentlemen! This week we’re here in Karakura Town! The locals are tormented by the howls of the evil spirit haunting this abandoned hospital! Here to help these poor, unfortunate soulds is everyone’s favorite Seer! Give it up for…DON KANONJI!!!”

The crowd shouted and wailed as Kanonji jumped from a helicopter flying above and into the audience.

“How are my babies?!?” he asked. “Spirits are always with you!!!”

He dropped directly in front of the hospital where the Jibaku kneeled. “MMM!!!” he yelled. “Smells like mean spirit!!!”

The crowd went wild again.

“Everything should be fine as long as Kanonji doesn’t mess with the guy’s chest hole…” I murmured. 

Of course, as if in spite, that’s exactly what the idiot did. 

The Jibaku howled from pillar to post, his pained expression hurting me a bit.

“Hey, relax!!” Kanonji said soothingly. “I’ll pass ya real quick, baby!!” He continued to stab his cane agonizingly over and over into the soul until it reached a point so spiritually intense I started to feel a bit sick to my stomach. It was absolutely awful.

Kurosaki decided to take action. He gracefully jumped over the fance and ran towards Kanonji. “STOP!!!” he yelled. But before the poor guy could count to three, Security had completely tackled him. 

Rukia followed his lead, but was also captured. The two argued for a while before one of the guards hit Ichigo square in the mouth. 

“Shut up, I said!! Are you damn kids deaf?”

I saw Tara’s face shrivel in anger. “Oh, hell no!” she yelled, quickly growing furious. She jumped the fence, dodged the approaching guards, (how the hell many did they have in this goddamn place?!), grabbed Rukia’s red transforming glove, slipped it on, and pushed Ichigo out of his physical form.

It was quite a badass sight, I must admit. I was a bit proud.

“Go, Ichigo!” she yelled. “Save the Jibaku!!”

He looked at her in amazement. “H-how….”

“Worry about that later!! You know what you have to do!!!”

He took another stare at her before smirking and giving her a full grin, poking a thumb up. “You got it!”

She smiled warmly. “Finally…”

I was about to get Tara out of the chaos but she followed Kurosaki after a moment’s hesitation. 

Ah…shit.

 TARA’S POV

I sprinted after Ichigo, following in quite good haste. He pushed Kanonji away from the poor soul roughly. 

“W-what?!” Kanonji asked. “Girl, what’re you doing here? And with a spirit? Are you one of my deceased fans?”

Ichigo grabbed Kanonji by the collar. “Do you want me to freaking kill you?!”

“Guys!” I yelled, trying to end their boyish fued. “Stop, seriously! Look at what’s happening!”

Before we knew it there was this HUGE explosion. Everyone was blown back a couple steps, even Ichigo. 

The Jibaku was gone.

“HA!” Don Kanonji yelled in victory. “I told you! Mission accomplished!”