CHAPTER 3

Brandy's POV

The car ride home was awkwardly silent which never happens with us. "I'm sorry if I upset you guys Brad mentioned it and it made sense in my head at the time because I was freezing but I realize now I didn't think it all the way through" I sighed poking my head between the 2 front seats as we pulled into my driveway. "What no no no" Kyler yelled grabbing my face, "we're not mad at you at all Brandy you were having fun normally what you did would have been fine but Brianna had to be there, we're contemplating ways  to fix this so she doesn't come at you during school" she explained. I just nodded and climbed out of the car my mouth was so dry I wanted to chug a gallon of water. "Hey girl we love you, you know that right and I'm so proud of you for coming out tonight" Becca said linking arms with me. A smile tugged at my lips, "thanks guys I love you too" I laughed kissing them both on the cheeks.

We walked inside and I headed straight to the kitchen grabbing my water bottle and filling it to the brim with ice cold water. " how was the party" Taylor asked walking in shirtless. "Taylor where's your shirt" I snapped eyeing the girls to see if they were checking out my brother. "I was in bed and this is my house I'm not wearing a shirt if I don't want to" he rustled my hair " I got you pizza eat up and drink a Gatorade before bed I can tell you had a few beers" he laughed before kissing my head and making his way back to his room.  I devoured 3 pieces and chugged the Gatorade before dragging myself up stairs to my room. I flopped on my bed after putting on my pajamas with the girls in either side of me. "Night guys" I giggled before falling into a deep sleep.

"My boots!" I got up yelling jumping out of my bed wincing in pain from my side aching "Brandy what are you talking about" Ky asked rubbing her head, she was rubbing her head well mines pounding and I don't think I came home with my boots. I ran down stairs to the front door and they weren't there I ripped open the door searching Kyler's car and came up empty handed. I scrambled back up the stairs to Becca and Kyler already getting ready to go. "I didn't even realize you weren't wearing them when we left" Becca sighed as we piled in and made our way back to Brad's. We all split up looking for them and I ran down to the pond. nope. I walked back up to the fire where Ky was looking and they weren't their either. Becca came out of the cabin with nothing. Panic set in "you don't think" I gasped. "Do you  think Brianna took them?!" I screamed, Becca looked terrified and shrugged my eyes darted to Ky "she could have Brand I'll have Brad text her" she gave a sympathetic smile. I choked back my tears and got back into the car. I know what you're thinking no big deal a pair of boots right, WRONG, not to me those mean everything to me, I have them forever and my parents and Taylor burned their initials in them before they passed when I wear them it feels like they are with me.

"Listen kid if we can't find them I'll get you a new pair" Taylor sighed as I sat by the pool with my Gatorade in hand. "That's not the point Taylor people shouldn't take other people's stuff what is the point of that for all I know they could have been burned, mom and dads initials are on them and yours! They have a special meaning" I let the tears I had been holding in flow out. Taylor is one of the only people who can actually calm me down. He pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my back. "I can go down the school on Monday and talk to Dr. Ramirez if you want" I shook my head against it. "It will just make things worse with Brianna and I don't think there's much they can do because it wasn't in school grounds" I signed leaning into him more. "Thank you though" I said giving him a squeeze.

Once I calmed down I decided to go for a swim I took off my shirt and Taylor stomped directly over to me. "Brandy what the hell is that" he burst out looking at my side. I had a nice bruise forming on my ribs and I refused to make eye contact with him. "Did you fall last night" he questioned going to touch it, I turned away "no I was sitting in the porch and Brianna kicked me" I said my voice cracking. "That is enough of this Brandy I'm going to the school" he shouted. I quickly panicked, "you can't we were all drinking there I don't want to get in trouble too and in her eyes she had a reason" I said the last part under breath. You would think being a mechanic Taylor would be deaf, no he can hear fucking everything.