CHAPTER 10

Brandy's POV

Today is the first day of winter break meaning there is a party which the girls convinced me to try going again. This party is at Matt's house as his parents are never home. I knew Brianna would most likely be there but I needed to put on my big girl pants and be strong.

I pulled on a pair of cowboy cut jeans and a flannel before grabbing my Carhartt jacket and slipping on my boots. Most of the time it's rather warm here but when winter hits it gets cold.

Taylor was driving us and I decided to finally grow up and text Ashton to see if he was going. It's been almost 3 weeks with his phone number and I have not texted him once, I feel like it's almost embarrassing too at this point.

Convo-

Brandy-
Hey Ash it's brandy

Ashton-
No shit I thought you threw my number out what's up

Brandy-
Haha, seeing if you're going to Matt's tonight

Ashton-
Hell ya I assume this means you're going?

Brandy-
You assumed correctly

Ashton-
See you there cutie😉

End of Convo-

He did not just call me cute, what? I have fallen for Ashton but I still can't tell if he feels the same or not. We talk in school and chat through our windows but we've never actually hung out and done anything as friends.

We just pulled up to the party and there was already a lot of people there I saw Ashton's truck and was crossing my fingers he wasn't out front where Taylor could see him doing something stupid.

"Thanks Tay!" I said to him as I slipped out. "Call me, any of you 3 if something happens I'll be here" we all nodded and the girls thanked him. I hopped up on the tire and grabbed the 30 rack from the bed. Taylor actually bought me beer I was super shocked.

I walked inside and was immediately met by Ashton who was already drunk a bottle of whiskey in hand, I don't know how he does it the smell could make me sick. "Babe!" He yelled picking me up case of beer in all and spinning me around. "Hi Ash" I laughed rubbing the back of his head. He set me down and got super close to me, "you look really beautiful" He breathed in my ear and my heart began to beat a million miles a minute. "Get out of here" I laughed pushing him away. He gave me a huge smile as his friends dragged him away.

We walked to the back yard and I sat down around the fire with Becca and Kyler, we each cracked a beer. "I really do think he likes you, he doesn't do that with anyone else" Kyler blurted and I sighed. "I still makes me nervous he was dating Brianna 2 minutes after getting here and he told me she was easy, is he just looking for someone who is easy?" I asked honestly "I don't know Brandy but he seems different with you, not that I know Ashton and Brianna as a couple bc he just seems happier when he sees you" Becca explained.

I really want Ashton to like me but I'm also scared, would I be able to trust him. "Enough talk about boys let's have fun!" Ky yelled dragging me up to dance. Matt made his way over with Jack and Dylan. "What do we have here" Dylan slurred as he started dancing with us. Jack wrapped his arms around Kyler's shoulder and began to dance with her. "You guys wanna play beer ball?" Dylan asked, I looked at the girls because I have never played before I've only watched Taylor and his friends. They both nodded and we made our way over to the table. "Ok Becca and Dylan, Kyler and Jack, and Brandy and I will be a team" Matt said setting the cans upside on the table.

I was up first and I was so nervous I was going to be horrible, I threw the first ball and to my surprise I hit the can, I grabbed the can opening it as fast as I could and started chugging. I am no chugger is was so hard to swallow all of the fuzzing beer being poured down my throat. "Down" Kyler yelled as her and Jack were laughing at the way she flung herself on the ground to grab the ball. I set the beer down burping, "you gotta carry this team Matt" I giggled knowing damn well we weren't gonna win with me just me. Matt threw his ball hitting the other can and began chugging as well, his can was done in 5 seconds I swear he opened his throat and it all just went down.