CHAPTER 31

Brandy's POV

I've sat curled up on the bathroom floor just waiting for a call or text from Ashton. I lost my dinner to the toilet and I can't even see straight my eyes are so puffy from crying. I'm terrified, terrified that the one thing that finally pulled me out of my funk could just be ripped away.

I had no idea how to read his parents and his mom did not seem impressed with what Mary and I told her. I leaned my cheek against the cool bathtub just trying to catch my breath.

"Brandy" I heard my name being screamed through out the house. "Bathroom" I heard Grayson grumble. The door swung open and tears were running down Ashton's perfect cheeks.

"Ash" I said just above a whisper, I couldn't tell if these were good or bad tears. "You did it" He spurted out shaking in what I now realize was excitement. "For real?!" I began to drag myself up but Ashton beat me to it lifting me off the ground. "I can stay baby I can stay here with you" He cried.

I wrapped my arms and legs around him as tight as I could. He squeezed the air out of my lungs but I didn't care. "Thank you so much Brandy, thank you so much" He whispered his voice cracking. "I didn't do it alone and Ashton it was you, the boys didn't have to lie about you, they just told the truth" I said picking up my head.

We both had fresh tears falling from our eyes. I wiped his away and kissed him. "God I couldn't imagine having to leave you" He mumbled kissing me again. I couldn't let go of him I needed to feel him close long enough for the fear of being too far was gone.

"Come on let go tell the boys" Ashton said attempting to peel me from his body. "No please not yet" I said digging my face into his neck.
"Are you alright?" He questioned. "I just need it to feel real, the thought of you leaving is still lingering" I sobbed.

I couldn't stop crying the tears were never ending, this entire day I had been strong and held it together, stuck up for what I believed in, and faced Bellamy, not that we talked things out but that's a future stress.

"I've got you, you're safe" He cooed sitting on the toilet, me still tangled around his impressive body. "I can't wait any longer Ashton" Bellamy came walking into the bathroom and his face along with his shoulders dropped when he looked at me.

"No" he said quietly. "I'm staying" Ashton stated. Bell looked at me like I was insane. "He's staying" I smiled through the tears. "That amazing man I'm so happy for you" He shook Ashton's hand. The second his one hand wasn't touching my body I immediately missed its presence.

"You ok Brand?" Bell asked. "I'm ok" I nodded. He eyed me sternly but then left the room. "Baby I gotta thank all the boys you ready to go out there" Ashton asked softly. "Ya I think I'm ready, I'll meet you out there"

The second he left I shut the door and ran to the toilet again. Everything is good now, everything is safe, but the thought of Ashton being ripped away from me still lingered and I couldn't handle it. I rinsed my face and swished some mouthwash as I couldn't make it to my bathroom when we got home.

I walked into the living room and everyone was hugging. My tears that were still trying to fight their way out were almost set free at the sight in front of me. "Thank you all so much, I gotta head out, but I can't thank you enough" Ash smiled at everyone. His gaze met mine and he smiled hugging me one last time and planting a kiss on my lips.

"I'll walk you out" Bellamy said following Ashton to the door. I turned back to the boys and they all shrugged. "You ok kid?" Taylor asked. "I am now, you know my body just disagreed with me like usual" I shrugged.

My anxiety has gotten a lot better but when something triggers it I can't keep myself contained.

-

Bellamy had come back in and all of us were watching a movie. Bell was sitting on the couch and I was on the floor in front of him. I popped up leaning my arms on his leg. "What" he laughed. "What were you guys talking about?" I questioned.