CHAPTER 13

Brandy's POV

"Dude there's no way your truck survived that" Cameron laughed watching the video of Ashton field racing his truck. "Believe it or not it somehow did I was shocked the axles didn't snap off on that landing" he chuckled putting his phone down. This dinner was surprisingly not awkward at all the boys hit it right off with Ashton all except Bellamy who was giving him the side eye since he arrived.

"Must have been some crazy parties where you're from" I asked and he smiled. "Every year there's this huge party that everyone comes too and we ride 4 wheelers all day, have a big cook out and have field races at night, there's always music it's such a good time I'd love to go to one again" he sighed. I could tell there was good memories linked to those times in his past. "We should go riding sometime at Bellamy's it's been awhile" Tay suggested and I nodded. "Yeah come on Bell it's been forever we gotta see you rip your 3 wheeler again" I laughed and he just stared at me. "Ya we could plan that" he said quietly.

I don't know what his issue is but he's gotta cut it out. I began to clean up dinner and Ashton grabbed plates from the table following me into the kitchen. "Thank you so much Brandy I forgot what it's like to feel normal your family is so nice" he beamed and my heart wanted to explode. "Anytime Ashton I'm glad you came" I smiled and he handed me the plates I noticed that his knuckles were again bandaged. "What happened" I snapped looking up at him. He bit his lip which was extremely attractive "oh you know just added a hole to my wall is all" he mumbled. "Are you kidding?" I slightly yelled.

He can't be serious about this. "I'm sorry ok I was upset" he sighed and I softened. "No more hurting yourself Ashton please" I begged and he nodded. I smiled at him and he smiled back. We finished cleaning up dinner in a good silence and made our way back to the living room. "Thank you all so much for dinner but I gotta head out" Ashton said and I was immediately saddened I didn't want him to go.

"Anytime man it was nice to get to know you" Taylor said standing up they shook hands and he waved to the other boys. I walked him to the door and he smiled at me. "You have to go?" I asked pouting. "I have plans with the guys tonight but I'll text you later?" He said placing his hands on my shoulders. "Sounds good, be safe" I said giving him a hug. He wrapped his strong arms around my shoulders and I melted. "I will don't worry about me" he rubbed my back before walking out the door. I shut it behind me leaning against it.

It went good, the dinner went good I just hope the boys feel the same way and weren't putting up a front. I took a deep breath and walked back to the living room. Everyone was on their phones so I plopped down next to Cameron on the couch. After a long silence Bellamy spoke, "so we're just gonna pretend like he's not a criminal anymore and invite him into the house, allow him around Brandy" he snapped looking at Taylor.

"We're giving him a chance Bell, he's the Wheeler's nephew how does that look on me if they have been nothing but helpful to us and I just ignore him, they know him and Brandy go to school together" he said leaning back with his arms above his head. "I think you're making a big mistake here Taylor, what is he hurts her!" He rose his voice and Cameron glared at him. "He has done nothing but protect me since he's gotten here, he's the only one who will stick up to Brianna for me" I glared at him.

"Armed robbery Taylor have you even thought this through" Bellamy yelled and Taylor stood up. "Look ok I'm still on the rocks about this but I'm putting my faith in Brandy, he's going through a hard time and we're just lending a hand, I trust her to know right from wrong" he said trying to stay calm. I know Taylor's really trying here and I love him for that. "Taylor" Bellamy yelled again. "What Bellamy what do you want me to say, he came over here with all of us, she's never alone with him, they see each other at school and maybe at a party, but the girls are always with them and Brad too he's not gonna let something happen to them" he snapped throwing his hands in the air. "He came here to change alright we can try to give him the benefit of the doubt" He yelled.