' Chapter 12 '

Gregory sat awkwardly on the sofa as Freddy paced nervously about his room. It was after closing and it had been a week since Bonnie was taken to repairs. The bear had overheard he would return by the end of the week but Monty's greenroom was untouched.

Would he just replace Monty again? When would he even come back?

The bear remained anxious. Gregory sighed.

"I'm sure he's fine, Freddy. We'll see him in a bit." He tried reassuring. The bear shook his head.

"I do not even know what they plan on doing with him, what if a week is not enough?" He asked. His head whipped to the side as a security guard passed his room. This time it was not Vanessa, fortunately. She had been getting on the bear's nerves lately.

"Security! Over here!" Freddy peeked out of the curtains and called from the clear wall. The officer turned to him and approached cautiously. Gregory stayed low to avoid being seen.

"Is there a problem, Freddy?" He asked.

"Is there any news on Bonnie??"  He asked quickly. The guard nodded.

"Yeah. They set him back at Bonnie Bowl, he should be there now." He said.

"Bonnie Bowl-?" Freddy asked. The guard nodded before walking off.

Freddy turned back to Gregory.

"Wait here, I am going to see him." He ordered. The boy groaned but nodded, he was pretty tired anyway.

Freddy quickly left through the front of his greenroom and jogged towards Bonnie Bowl. He had avoided that place for a long time, save for the night Gregory had to escape. He hadn't known he would ever return to it.

When he made it he quietly slipped through the locker rooms.

"Bonnie??" He called in worry. He overheard nostalgic vintage music playing in the bowling alley again. It had remained dead silent for years in Bonnie's absence. Finally the bear made it to the center and glanced around frantically.

"Bonnie?!" He called out again. He was finally met by a groan coming from the closed curtains.

"Freddy...?" The bunny stepped out. Freddy was taken aback at the sight.

Bonnie was repaired but he was now smaller and missing his usual make-up and glitter. His fur was noticeably darker and duller and he wore his modest bowling shirt and tie rather than his usual overalls. He turned to the bear in equal shock.

Before any words were spoken the two quickly rushed to eachother and embraced in a tight hug. The bear held the bunny close and spun him around happily.

"I was so worried, I did not know when or if you would come back from repairs!" He fretted. The bear then stopped to look Bonnie up and down. The bunny laughed nervously.

"They didn't want to replace Monty and confuse kids again...so I was demoted to the bowling alley." He said.

"I guess it was bound to happen eventually. 'Guess I'm retiring early."

Freddy's ears lowered at that.

"I am...sorry you cannot perform with us on stage anymore..." He said. The bunny shrugged good-heartedly.

"It's all good, I still perform in my alley." He said. Freddy fidgeted with his fingers as Bonnie turned and left to the main lanes and Freddy followed behind.

"You know...you are always stunning, but," Freddy began. Bonnie turned and the bear quickly wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him to the side. He smiled lovingly at the bunny.

"I...missed seeing you without all of the makeup and accessories...just seeing you." The bear said. Bonnie smiled back and gave the bear a sweet kiss to which he returned. The bear gently backed Bonnie up to lean against the half wall by the stairs of the main lanes and kissed him again.

The bunny quickly broke away from the kiss as his eyes lit up excitedly.

"Stop, stop! Honey do you hear that??" He asked. The bear looked around confusedly.

"Hear what?"

"The music!" Bonnie grinned. The bear heard the tune and chuckled.

"They are playing the classics..." He said. Bonnie giggled.

"Remember this used to play all the time in the old Pizzeria?" He asked. The bear nodded slowly, leaning forward so their foreheads could connect.

"We used to dance to old songs like these all the time after closing..." Freddy sighed as nostalgia hit him. Bonnie gave him a mischievous smile.

"Can you still dance-? Or can your old bear bones not handle it?" He teased.

"Let's see." The bear smiled back and placed his hands on Bonnie's waist as the bunny placed his hands on the bear's shoulders and glanced up at him fondly. Freddy returned the look as he began to lead their swaying.

It was a relatively slow song, which meant they could dance calmly. It had been a long time since either of them had danced together so it was awkward and tense at first before they found their old rhythm.

They looked deep into each other's eyes as they spun. Freddy could not believe after so many years stuck with this bunny, and how long they had been apart, or they're fallouts, his love for him had never changed. Bonnie was still the best thing to ever happen to him, as was Freddy to him.

They danced in comfortable silence until the end when Freddy slightly dipped the bunny. Bonnie yelped in surprise at the move but laughed it off with the bear before their eyes met again. God, those eyes. Freddy had missed them so much. They were both subconsciously leaning in for another kiss as they were interrupted half way by someone loudly clearing their throat.

The two stood up and looked towards the entrance where Foxy, Chica, and Roxy stood. Foxy rolled his eyes at them.

"Did we interrupt anything?" He asked.

~~

A/N

Hello! Yes, Bonnie was demoted unfortunately, and so he got a new design. This was more based on his canon art in Bonnie Bowl, they changed him to look like this because this is where he would stay now.

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, let me know any suggestions or comments, or if you want to see anything specifically I am always open to new ideas!