Chapter 7

"So you have a mask too?"

Ichigo gives a nod.

"The entire hollowfication is kind of unsettling. " He explains.

From what he told you, it's understandable. This hollowfication bared a resemblance to the monsters that he fought on a daily basis. You can't even fathom what having that kind of power inside of your body would be like.

"How come I was able to see it? No one else looked affected by it."

"I don't know. No one has ever seen it, not unless I lose control."

You turn to him fully, and when you lean closer to his face and blink, he's unsure of what you're doing.

"Why the hell are you so close!!"

"I'm trying to see if I can do it again."

"Why!"

"I'm ready this time. " You straighten.

"Before I was scared because I didn't really know what I saw. I'm still getting used to all of this. If I can get a better grasp, then there's no way I'd be afraid. Kurosaki-san you are really mean looking sometimes."

"HEY!!"

"But that doesn't make you a bad person."

He looks away.

"Thanks I guess." He mumbles.

"It's natural to be scared of something you don't understand. Maybe if you try to learn more about your hollowfication, you won't have to be worried, Kurosaki-san."

"Her logic is a bit naive, but I understand what she means. " Tensa states.

"Humans have a natural instinct to fear things they can't comprehend. You do not have that luxury Ichigo."

After all, he wasn't human. Not truly.

"I've never taken off my glasses in front of anyone outside of my family."

"What, are you for real!"

You nod.

"I know Ni-san didn't mean to make me feel bad. At the back of my mind, I can't help but feel that if anyone ever sees me behind this glass, then whatever image they have of me will change. Just that thought terrifies me. That's why I've never let anyone know that vulnerability. If they found out the truth, surely they would laugh at my face."

You reach up, and Ichigo's eyes grow wide when you place your hands on either side of your glasses. Your hands are shaking as you remove it from your face. Ichigo is quite honestly speechless. You look at him.

"W-We both have a side of ourselves that we wish for other people not to see. Y-You're not alone. M-Mine is insignificant compared to yours, b-but I want you to know that I support you completely Kurosaki-san!"

Your body is shaking terribly. Ichigo sees that it's taking everything in you not to run off like you'd done when he first met. After a few more seconds, you hurriedly put your glasses back on, pulling your bangs to cover your eyes.

"S-Sorry. I-I guess it'll be a while before I can do that without reacting like this.." You keep your head low, and he can see you somewhat counting your breaths to calm your nerves. Ichigo reaches out, and when you feel something warm land on your cheek, you flinch. Your head raised, and those chocolate hues are now fixated on you.

"I meant what I said before, you're beautiful."

Your face immediately turns red, and you panic, moving forward you headbutt him. Ichigo falls right off the swing. He looks up in anger.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!! He yells. He's picking himself off the ground, holding unto the swing to raise fully.

"Y-You can't just say that kind of stuff to a girl so casually are you stupid!!"

"All I said was-"

"KYA!! Stop talking!!"

You head butt him again.

"D-DAMN IT! STOP DOING THAT!!"

His forehead is red and swollen now.