Chapter 24

"I like you (Y/N)."

You clutch your pillow into your chest, closing your eyes. Somehow you still feel as though you imagined it. His kiss and confession. 

After the ordeal there was very little you could do, and Ichigo had left, equally as flustered. Sleeping that night was useless. Every time you close your eyes, all you can see is him.

Tomorrow will be a treat.

Ichigo's trip back home was one where he seemed to go back and forth over what he'd done. It had gotten so bad that at school the next day he felt like he couldn't face you. So he'd retreated to the rooftop.

"Crap."

He was used to making impulsive decisions, but this was hitting new heights. He's kissed you. He'd basically made out with you. The little sounds you made are still fresh in his mind. The softness of your lips. The little breath of surprise as he deepened the kiss.

"AHH!!"

He scratched his head in agitation.

This was driving him mad.

"Do you plan to hide out on the roof all day?"

Zangetsu's question wasn't very helpful.

The bell for lunch rang in the distance, and Ichigo sighs, placing his head against the wall. His eyes drifted to the side.

"Now that I think about it, this is where we met."

The memories of your very awkward meeting made a smile grace his lips. He can't say that he saw this coming. Not in the least.

"There you are." Rukia jumps down from on the ledge, and Ichigo's attention drifts.

"Rukia."

"I thought there was something wrong. (Y/N)-san hasn't come in today. Is she having problems with her reiatsu again?"

"She's fine." He replied absentmindedly.

"Then why are you up here moping?"

"Cause he messed up." Hichigo snickered.

He could tell that today would be a long day.

~

"Are you positive you aren't unwell?"

Tarou was confused when he stopped by to drop some groceries and saw you standing in the kitchen with a spoon in your hand and a dazed look on your face.

"I-I'm fine!!"

He didn't want to pry, but after all that happened, he felt the least he could do is be more supportive. He wouldn't make the same mistakes.

"(Y/N), you know that you can tell me anything. I know in the past I've made some irrational decisions without considering how you felt. I want to avoid us repeating the same thing. "

"Ni-san.."

You can only imagine the guilt he still feels for those mistakes. You only had each other. So of course he was protective. You take a seat, hands on your lap. Swallowing, you give him your full attention.

"Ni-san I think I..might have feelings for Ichigo." Tarou takes a seat himself. He was expecting something more dire, but this was merely about love. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"I suppose I should have seen this coming."

"E-Eh!!"

"You are a teenager. It's normal for your feelings to change as you grow. As for Kurosaki-san, he's a good person. I couldn't ask for anyone better suited for my sister. " Your eyes water.

"N-Ni-san."

Tarou smiles, ruffling your hair.

"If you care for him, then I fully support that relationship."

Blushing, you look away, poking your fingers together.

"However if he breaks your heart I will snap him like a twig and bury him where no one will ever find his remains. " He says those words with such a brilliant smile.

"H-Hai."

Maybe he is a bit too protective.