Chapter 21

For the remainder of the day, you're inside Kisuke's training grounds. He'd gathered a box of random items to help you with the process. Tarou, Rukia and Kisuke left to give you the time you needed to get it all out. You expected Ichigo to follow, but he just sat down crossed leg, waiting patiently for you to finish.

Your elation is indescribable. Now you know that you don't have to be afraid. You didn't have to leave Karakura High.

You didn't have to leave Ichigo.

You throw another ball, and like the others, the damage to the ground is significant.

"I can't believe she's had all of this power inside all this time. She must have been so scared."

"Is she not the same as you, Ichigo?"

Tensa's words really makes him think.

"Our power has always brought you a state of unease. Had you been in her situation, what would you have done?"

Ichigo swallows.

He probably would have ran as far and fast as he could.

Just like you did.

"Can't believe it took you so long to figure it out. You're as stupid as ever king."

"Shut up!!"

"Ichigo." Your soft voice catches his attention. When he sees you wobbling he rushes to your side. He steadies you, and you look up with a sheepish smile.

"I think I overdid it."

You just hold unto him, and Ichigo sighs as he lifts you into his arms. You squeal, because he's now holding you bridal style.

"Y-You don't have to carry me, I can walk!!"

"Be quiet." When he looks down at you, there's a little skip that your heart gives out.

"I-Ichig-"

"If you try to run from me again, I'll be mad. You should have come to me. What good am I as a friend if you won't even lean on me."

You know he's right. But at that moment you would have been happy as long as you could help him. Even if it meant you'd never get to see him again.

"I was selfishly trying to protect you because I was scared. I'm sorry. "

"You better be! You owe me!!"

"E-Eh!! What am I supposed to do!!"

"Don't leave my side."

His tone is a lot more serious. You think for a moment that you imagined the vulnerable look in his eyes.

"O-Okay. I won't. I promise."

He appears content with your reply, and you both share a smile.

"A-Ano... " The little voice surprises you. There's a girl standing there with black hair and pigtails.

"Ah, Ururu." Ichigo seems to know her. She's carrying a box in her hand.

"Urahara-san says you can use these as well." She placed the box on the floor and you smiled.

"Thank you."

She nods with a light flush to her cheeks.

"Could you guys quit flirting, it's gross." Another boy comes walking. Bright red hair and a frown on his face.

"W-We're not flirting!!!"

Ichigo defends.

"Flirting..."

It finally dawns on you, the position, the atmosphere.

Your face heats up, and Ichigo pales when he sees that familiar look on your face.

"H-Hey w-wait!!"

"(Y/N) ATTACK!!"

Your head collided with his harshly, and he fell back, unconscious. Jinta and Ururu take a step back.

"S-She's a monster!!"

Some things would never change.