𝟬𝟯 kuina hikari

TOMOKO'S ANKLE STILL hurt and she knew it would take at least a week for it to heal

TOMOKO'S ANKLE STILL hurt and she knew it would take at least a week for it to heal. Despite this, she still had decided to get up and work out instead of resting.

Chishiya sucked in a sharp breath as he watched her do sit ups, "I don't know why you're being dumb and difficult like this."

Tomoko paused her exercise for a moment to explain, "Yesterday, we got close to losing. I don't ever want to be that close to death again."

"Hey, there's no need. You're so strong already you could probably take Aguni on." Kuina reassured her whilst she chewed on a fake cigarette.

Kuina Hikari had been Chishiya and Tomoko's friend for as long as they could remember. Her rank was thirteen and she had joined The Beach about a month after the twins had. Tomoko and Kuina clicked instantly, bonding over their shared love for fashion and manga. Kuina wanted to return home so that she could see her mother again, who was sick and could not even go to the bathroom without the help of someone else. Kuina had decided early on that she would quit smoking; it caused her unnecessary problems that would only bring her closer to death, not closer to home.

Tomoko smiled at her friend's words, allowing herself to take a five minute break. She grabbed a bottle of water and a snack that Chishiya had brought to her earlier, grateful for the nourishment.

"I think I have some things that will take your mind off of it." Kuina giggled as she left the bed she had been sitting on and headed over to Tomoko's closet in the corner of the room. She pulled it open to reveal a multitude of different fancy dresses, "Tada!"

Tomoko stared at them in surprise and awe, "Where did you find these?"

Kuina shrugged, "I was a sale clerk for these things in the old world; I have my ways."

Gasping with joy, Tomoko let her hands run across the different fabrics. She pulled one dress out that was a pale pink and had ruffles on the sleeves. Placing the dress against Chishiya's body, she teased, "Wow, Chi! It's perfect for you."

"Yes, we all know I'm better than you in everything — even looks." Chishiya shot back.

Tomoko scoffed at him as she placed the dress back in the closet, "Dream on."

"Yeah, Tomoko is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I look in the mirror everyday." Kuina agreed with a laugh.

Tomoko felt her face heat up and she was sure it was noticeable due to the fact Chishiya raised an eyebrow at her, smirking. She quickly shook her head, using her hair to cover her pink cheeks.

She wasn't really sure why the compliment had made her flustered. It wasn't like she hadn't been called beautiful before. With Kuina, it was just...different. Maybe it was because Tomoko thought she was the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen.

Clearing her throat, Tomoko pulled out a dress from the closet. It was a black halter strap with pale red flowers adorning the neckline and bottom of the skirt. She said, "I'll wear this one. Thank you so much, Kuina. By any chance, do you have a pair of shoes I can wear? Heels won't be good for my ankle."

Kuina nodded, "Yes, I have a lovely pair of ballet flats that would fit perfectly with the outfit. Or I could see if any of the other women have boots if that would be better?"

"No, the ballet flats will be fine." Tomoko smiled, "I'll get changed now, just bring them back here."

"Don't forget to take a shower, I don't think it's normal for a human to sweat that much!" Chishiya called after her in a teasing tone as his twin walked away, "Also, you're scheduled to play another game tonight."

Tomoko glanced back at him. His serious face told her that it was true. She scoffed under her breath, "Those assholes. Just my fucking luck."

🂱

AUTHOR NOTES
yikes this is so short but the next chapter is the game so if i combine them it'll be rlly long chapter 😬
anyway tomoko is rlly clueless about the fact that she has a crush on kuina. like CHISHIYA KNOWS IT AND SHE DOESNT LMFAO.
also ann is in the next chapter!! yipee!!!