𝟭𝟯 alarm

"BOSS, I THINK it's time for the succession ceremony, right? I think you should open the black envelope

"BOSS, I THINK it's time for the succession ceremony, right? I think you should open the black envelope." Niragi stated.

As soon as Niragi uttered those words, everyone who was not an executive member was taken out of the room, the black envelope had been retrieved and the ceremony had started.

This was the moment that Tomoko and her brother were waiting for. This was how they would get the code.

All the playing cards collected by the members of The Beach were kept in a safe in Hatter's royal suite. The code for opening the safe was sealed inside the black envelope. The envelope was kept in a secret location that only number two knew, and the only time it was opened was whenever there was a new number one. The new number one had to open the envelope in front of the executives but only they could see the code to the safe. Then, number one must place the paper with the code written on it into a new envelope and seal it again. Then, it had to be signed by all the executives.

Sitting down at the table in the conference room, Tomoko watched with interest and extreme analysis as Aguni opened the envelope.

He teared it haphazardly. After he reached in and pulled out the paper inside, he opened it. Even though it was only for a moment, his face showed an expression of perplexion.

Exchanging a glance with her brother, Tomoko knew he caught it, too.

Continuing in silence, Aguni folded the paper once more and slipped it into a new black envelope. Then, he poured melted wax onto it before sealing it with a ring that read 'BOSS'.

Hang on, Tomoko suddenly realised, that's the code. The ring has the code!

BOSS equaled 8022.

As the envelope was passed around, the executives signed it with a white pen. Once Tomoko finished her signature, she passed it to Chishiya. She purposely held her index finger close to the wax seal as if she were pointing at it, inclining her head to silently ask him a question.

Chishiya took the envelope and pen from her. Whilst he signed it, his gaze was not on what he was writing but instead focused on the seal. During the time he passed the envelope to Ann, he showed his sister a small, almost imperceptible nod.

They were in agreement: the code was 8022.

It was time to carry out their plan, ditch The Beach and finally be fucking free.

🂱

   "ARISU, YOU WILL infiltrate the royal suite and steal all the playing cards inside." Chishiya ordered him as he placed a walkie talkie in front of his accomplice.