𝟬𝟰 five of hearts

"WHAT THE HELL is this?" Tomoko muttered under her breath as she stepped into the arena of the game she was assigned to

   The building they were in was a high school. There were bright red arrows painted onto the ground, directing them down twists and turns of hallways. She'd try to open a classroom door every so often but they would all be locked. Tomoko was paired up with two people she didn't know (though by the keys on their wrists, she knew their numbers were 61 and 75) as well as Ann Rizuna, executive member of The Beach and number 6.

   Tomoko was glad Ann was with her. She respected Ann quite a bit. Ann had a mysterious aura that radiated power. She always wore chunky sunglasses, no matter if she was inside at night or if she was outside with a bright, shining sun. She was smart, too, and her speciality was Diamond games — just like Tomoko's. She hoped that the game they were about to play was a Diamond since the two would easily complete it.

   "Over here!" 61 exclaimed as she ran to the end of the hallway. There was a door and she pushed it open, rushing inside.

   The rest followed her. There were tables and chairs like any old regular classroom except the teacher's desk was covered with phones — and a revolver.

   "What the hell?" Tomoko whispered as she picked it up. She carefully tilted it from side to side, inspecting it. Eventually, she went to open the chamber but it was stuck. Despite her best efforts, it would not open. Shaking her head in confusion, she picked up a phone and sighed, "Let's get this over with."

   Everyone's phones chimed, "Registration has closed. There are four participants. Game, Russian Roulette. Difficulty, Five of Hearts. The revolver is loaded with one bullet. Each player must pull the trigger of the gun. If a bullet is fired, it has to hit a body part or it does not count; and the player will have to shoot again. If  even one player fails to do so, it is game over and every player will be eliminated. Violence is allowed. Time limit, eight minutes. The game will now commence."

   Member 75's eyes widened and their mouth hung agape, "H-hearts? That means this is a game of betrayal!"

   Tomoko picked up the revolver, stating, "So that's why I couldn't open the chamber...We should all be able to survive if we stay calm. Revolvers can hold six bullets but there are four of us. There is a chance that we can go through the game without anyone getting hurt. Even so, we should minimise the risk by aiming at a body part that is least important, like this part of the arm."

   Ann nodded, "I'll go first."

   She took the revolver from Tomoko and aimed at her arm, at the place that Tomoko had said would minimise the damage. Without hesitation, she pulled the trigger — but no bullet was shot.

   "I'll go next." 61 said. She took the gun from Ann with trembling hands. It was clear she didn't want to do it at all (well, nobody did) and she wanted to get her turn over and done with.

She held the gun to her arm and pulled the trigger...but nothing happened. Letting out a heavy sigh of relief, she gave it to number 75 beside her. They held it to their arm for a few moments. Tomoko could see the cogs turning in their mind; they were formulating a plan.

Suddenly, they pointed the gun directly at Tomoko, "How do you know all that information, huh? Maybe you're trying to trick us! This is a Hearts game and it said violence is allowed, what's stopping me from killing you?"

Tomoko glared at them, calmly stating, "I was a doctor in the old world. Now, get that thing out of my fucking face or I can guarantee you will not be getting out of here alive."

   Number 75's eyes widened in fear. Slowly, they lowered the gun, swallowing anxiously. They licked their lips, hands shaking. Suddenly, they pointed the gun at Ann — and pulled the trigger.

   Tomoko reacted instantly. Luckily, no bullet had been fired, but that did not mean they were safe yet. She leaped at 75, crashing into them and shoving them to the floor. The two began to grapple for the gun. 75 pulled the trigger twice more and Tomoko would've been shot in the shoulder if the bullet fired.

   Knowing only one way to stop 75, Tomoko pulled out her switchblade and stabbed them in the neck.

   Their body stilled almost immediately. Their eyes widened, their mouth agape. Blood pooled out from their wound and spilled from their lips. 75 coughed once and then they were dead.

   Pulling her switchblade out of the corpse, Tomoko wiped it on her dress to clean it before placing it back in her pocket. Then, as if nothing happened, she picked up the gun and aimed at her arm. No bullets were shot.

   The phones chimed, "Game completed. Congratulations."

Finally, the revolver's chamber sprung open. Ann took it from Tomoko and for once, her straight face showed a minor expression of shock, "It's empty. There were no bullets."

Tomoko looked from the empty gun to the grim scene of the person she had killed, "That's a Heart game for you."

🂱

AUTHOR NOTES
yeah so tomoko's evil evil 💀 if u read my other aib book, u know the oc didnt directly kill anyone apart from like 1 person, she just used others to survive. but tomoko is gonna kill a lot of people LMAO