Part 1 Chapter 1 The Scholar

Jiang Hua is a resident of the cultivation realm/world. Jiang Hua, who was born into a family of state officials in the kingdom of Wei. His parent is the mayor of a small town, Jin, not far from the royal capital. Since childhood, Jiang Hua has had the dream of becoming a high-ranking state official, and because of that, he has studied diligently to acquire the various knowledge needed to become a state official. Although his parents did not force Jiang Hua to become an official, they were very proud of him for his diligence.

In addition, although Jiang Hua was not very interested, he was also taught the family's inherited martial arts. Even though it wasn't a high-level skill, it was more than enough to deal with ordinary martial artists. With that knowledge, not many people want to mess with the Jiang Hua family. Therefore, Jiang Hua's parents could become respected mayors. Even though he was forced to, Jiang Hua still studied the martial arts that his family had. That caused no one at Jiang Hua's age to mess with Jiang Hua.

Jiang Hua is the third child of five siblings. There are 3 girls and 2 boys, including Jiang Hua. The first child and the next two children after Jiang Hua were girls. Some of his relatives preferred to become martial artists rather than officials or scholars, and some wanted to become traders. Only Jiang Hua dreams of becoming a government official. However, with Jiang Hua's brothers showing interest in and studying martial arts in earnest, the Jiang Hua family's strength grew, and almost none of the forces in the area around their hometown dared to face the Jiang Hua family. Several times, Jiang Hua's brother and sisters were able to defeat the martial arts schools around the city.

From childhood, Jiang Hua studied diligently. His parents also summoned and hired good teachers to teach their children, especially Jiang Hua. At the age of 10, Jiang Hua has mastered the various types of knowledge needed to become a scholar, like people aged 18 or over. At that time, there weren't many teachers who could teach Jiang Hua anymore. Even so, Jiang Hua's parents are still looking for the best teacher who can teach him by using their influence as mayor.

At the age of 12, Jiang Hua easily passed the city-level examination to become a scholar, becoming the youngest participant to ever graduate. This caused Jiang Hua to be even more eager to study in order to quickly take the provincial exams. Due to his status as the youngest contestant and being ranked number 8 in his city, Jiang Hua also started getting a salary from the government so that he was no longer a burden to his parents. Jiang Hua should have had the task of teaching at a school in the capital or its surroundings, but because he was too young, the obligation was postponed until Jiang Hua reached the age of 18. To be ranked 8th is a very great honor for the city where Jiang Hua comes from. The Jiang Hua family threw a big party, to which many influential people were invited and congratulated them.

Two years later, after Jiang Hua turns 14, he tries to take the state examination to become a state official. Again, Jiang Hua graduated with honors and was ranked sixth, as well as the youngest participant. With Jiang Hua's graduation, Jiang Hua was appointed as an official of the 10th level, where in that country there are 12 levels of office and the highest level, namely 1, is minister. Because he passed as the youngest participant and also entered the top 10, apart from being appointed as a state official, Jiang Hua also received prize money of 500 taels of gold.

Although Jiang Hua has been regarded as a state official, due to his age, he has not been given a real position, but he has been paid according to his rank. This caused his parents, whose father was a level 8 official, to be extremely proud of Jiang Hua. Again, Jiang Hua's family throws a big party to celebrate Jiang Hua's graduation. Jiang Hua's name also became famous, and Jiang Hua was often referred to as 'The Little Scholar'.