Part 2 Chapter 25

The next day.
Count Garrick's residence

Garrick woke up from his sleep at dawn. With ample time, Garrick immediately engaged in a brief cultivation exercise and proceeded to jot down notes for King Harlow's morning royal meeting. He also made some notes for Princess Elize's teaching materials, which did not contain martial arts or swordsmanship, but rather some knowledge about state administration that would be disguised as battle tactics.

Fiona finally knocked on Garrick's bedchamber at 7:00, reminding him to have breakfast before heading to the palace. But Garrick took the time to look at the construction in his house before he left. He was pleased that the renovation and construction of his house progressed ahead of schedule. Garrick planned to give bonuses to the workers after they finished their work.

In the end, Garrick and Fiona left for the palace at 8 a.m.

"I'll attend the royal meeting before returning to teach Princess Elize. Hopefully our problems will be solved soon at the meeting." Garrick said this to Fiona while they were in the carriage on their way to the palace.

"Young master, it's important for you to identify those who oppose you. Perhaps one of them is the one who wants to harm us." Fiona said.

"Not necessarily, Fiona. Often, there is an enemy lurking in the shadows. There are some people who pretend to be in line with us on the surface, but behind the scenes, they are very hostile to us. Nothing can be determined in one meeting." Garrick said.

"Then how do we identify the enemy?" asked Fiona.

"With time, we will be able to see the sincerity of the people in supporting us. We should have someone trustworthy here do a background check on everyone we suspect. Right now, I still haven't found anyone we can trust other than King Harlow IV and his family." Garrick said.

"Maybe we can trust Baron Rhys, young master?" Fiona inquired.

"I have a tendency to trust him, but I need time to study him. Later tonight, we will try to follow Baron Rhys and see if he can be trusted," said Garrick.

"Yes, young master." said Fiona.

"The primary concern is my upcoming battle at the royal meeting. From there, we can gain victory for the long term and the possibility of knowing our enemies and friends. I've never been acquainted with the officials and nobles in the palace anyway." Garrick said.

"I, for one, am still blind to the politics of the nobles and officials, young master." Fiona said it with a sigh of surrender.

"Hahaha, it indeed requires skill and extensive experience to master the art of politics." Garrick said.

Garrick's fleeting words this time caused Fiona to think a lot. Fiona began to realize that Garrick appeared to have experience making decisions in the midst of political intrigue. His statement just now also gave her the insight that it takes experience gained over a long period of time to do that. On the other hand, Garrick was so young, he shouldn't have had that experience. Where did Garrick get that experience from?

After that, they didn't speak anymore, each busy with their own thoughts.

---oOo---

King Harlow IV's palace
Baron Rhys' office.

Arriving at the palace, Garrick and Fiona again met Baron Rhys in his office. Garrick then waited for the call to enter the royal throne room for a royal meeting, while Fiona went straight to the training barracks to train the guards again.