Part 1 Chapter 2 The End of Immortality

2,172 years later

Venerable Jiang Hua, a 7th realm cultivator, looked sadly at the scene around him. Venerable Jiang Hua was currently in the ruins of his residence. Everything in it is dead except for Jiang Hua. But around his residence, there were innumerable dead bodies. They belonged to the 6 most powerful sects in the world, and they wanted his death because now Venerable Jiang Hua had already reached the peak of the 7th realm and was about to face the tribulations necessary to become a true immortal. All of those sects didn't want Venerable Jiang Hua to attain true immortality because it would affect the balance of power in the world. The six sects were supported by several countries that also didn't want Venerable Jiang Hua to attain immortality.

More than 20,000 people attacked him. There are six Venerable Seventh Realm Cultivators among them. Together with him, the six Venerables made up the world's seven Venerables of the seventh realm cultivators. Except for him, all of the 7th Venerables were only at the 7th realm's low rank. Jiang Hua remembered, when he reached the 7th realm high rank, those 6 Venerables sincerely celebrated their success, and they drank themselves drunk together. They celebrated his success for days. But when Jiang Hua reached the 7th realm perfection level, no one congratulated him.

Jiang Hua remembered his 2.172-year-long journey. He also recalled his career as a state official for almost 100 years until he became governor. During his time as a state official, Jiang Hua was known as an official who was upright, honest, and courageous. Juang Hua always put the people first, he was so busy taking care of the area, Jiang Hua did not marry while he was in office. Also, even though his official residence is very luxurious, he lives in simplicity because he gives much of his money to the poor. Jiang Hua is also very supportive of justice, very often, he defends oppressed people even though he has to fight high-ranking state officials who often have positions higher than him. But because of his status as a cultivator, no one dared to go against him. During his tenure, he did not have a private home, so if Jiang Hua wanted to return to his home, he would return to his parents' home.

After finishing his term, Jiang Hua wandered around and earned the title "Scholar Cultivator" among cultivators, often referred to as "Scholar Swordsman" among martial artists because Jiang Hua used a sword at that time. Despite constantly traveling for almost the first 100 years, Jiang Hua never missed returning to the house his parents had inherited, at least once every two years. There in his hometown, his nephews gradually aged, reminding Jiang Hua of human mortality. His mother's father and siblings had long since passed away when Jiang Hua was still a government official.

However, after more than a century, none of Jiang Hua's close relatives remained in his hometown of Jin. The house was always in top condition because the Jin city lord always took care of it, and Jiang Hua left some money that could be used to pay the salaries of the servants in his house, even though there were only 4 servants in the relatively large house. However, with the decrease in the number of Jiang Hua's relatives in Jin City, Jian Hua returned to Jin City less and less often. After 200 years, Jiang Hua only returns to his home once every 10 years.

However, Jiang Hua had the habit of always staying at his house whenever he had a breakthrough in his cultivation. He always felt that his parents and siblings were always there to support him when Jiang Hua was about to make a breakthrough in his cultivation.

Jiang Hua recalled reaching the first realm despite only having studied cultivation for a year. Kang Lee was very proud of him and prided himself on being the best teacher for guiding Jiang Hua to the first realm in just one year. To the best of Kang Lee's knowledge, no one in history has ever reached the first realm in less than a year. The breakthrough to the first realm happened in the city of Tai'an, and it was the only breakthrough that Jiang Hua made outside his home in the city of Jin.