Part 2 Chapter 2

1 year has passed...

It's hard to believe Garrick's age has reached 3 years. For 1 year, Garrick Yarrow, known in his previous life as Jiang Hua, had managed to increase his cultivation level by 8 levels, namely by reaching the 8th level of the 1st realm, Qi Gathering. This can be done frequently to do meditation for cultivation in the reading room. This was already unbelievably fast; Garrick had never known in his more than 2,000 years of life that someone could ascend a realm that fast. Even in his past life, Garrick as Jiang Hua had never found a record of someone being able to train that fast. Now that Garric had reached 3 years old, he was already strong enough to run and lift somewhat heavy objects. Therefore, Garrick decided to start practicing the martial arts that he knew. For a while, Garrick only used the basics of martial arts without training any special techniques. Garrick wanted to strengthen his foundation, both in terms of cultivation and physique, through martial arts training.

Garrick's toughest obstacle in training is his maid, Fiona, who always tries to be close to him to always be ready to serve Garrick. This is natural, because every noble person always has one or more servants who are always near him. But for Garrick, it was very troublesome because he became unable to train while Fionna was near him. Fortunately, because Garrick is the third child and not the main heir, there is only one servant assigned to accompany him, so Garrick can order Fiona to do tasks long enough for Garrick to practice cultivation and martial arts.

Even so, Garrick often told Fiona not to always be by his side when she was 'playing' alone in a certain place. There is actually an amulet placed in Garrick's hand that can summon Fiona when needed. Even so, Fiona often refuses to leave Garrick's side, so in the end, Garrick talks to Fiona about it.

"Fiona, you don't always follow me. Don't you still have a lot of other work?" he asked.

"Yes, sir, but I have to serve the young master." Fiona replied.

"If you always wait for me, then your time will be wasted, and your other work will be neglected. As a result, when I need you, you are still doing other things. Doesn't this make you less able to serve me?" argued Garrick.

"That's right, sir. But I am afraid to leave the young master." Fiona said.

"Don't I have an amulet that can summon you? If I need you, I can quickly call you. Also, your duty is definitely only about me, which means you won't go outside the house, so if I call you, you can definitely come quickly." Garrick said.

"Yes, young master, I will go clean the young master's room first." Fiona said

"It's good like that, Fiona, if I want to play here, it means I will be here for a long time. I'll call you when I'm going somewhere else." Garrick said.

"Yes, young master." Fiona replied.

That way, Garrick would eventually be able to convince Fiona to leave him so he could practice more cultivation. But still, Fiona often doesn't want to go because she feels so worried. Garrick greatly admired Fiona's dedication, Garrick promised himself that in the future he would try to repay her.

Apart from doing the training for cultivation, Garrick also became interested in magic. This was because this was the first time Garrick had seen the effect of using qi, which is very different from the cultivation method. In cultivation, qi is used only to strengthen oneself or as a device for carrying out attacks. There is no use of qi to perform everyday tasks such as drying clothes, or to create an object. The closest technique in his world used to be the use of arrays to produce magic-like effects, but none of them were able to create objects.

But right now Garrick could only see the magic effect happen, he didn't know how to get the magic effect. Magic should only be taught after the ceremony to determine one's magic affinity in the 'coming of age' ceremony. The ceremony will be performed when a person reaches 5 years old. Garrick could only practice the knowledge he had brought from his previous world at the moment. Garrick hoped that he could reach the 2nd realm, Foundation Establishment, before he was 5 years old.