Part 2 Chapter 20

15 minutes later
A few kilometers away from the battlefield.

Fiona and 50 soldiers approached the place indicated as the hiding place of the bandit group. Although the distance was quite close, they could not spur their horses at high speed because Fiona was still very unfamiliar with riding, having only practiced using horses for a few weeks. Nevertheless, when Fiona and the accompanying warriors stormed the bandit's hiding place, all the bandits were so surprised that they were initially quite slow to react to Fiona and her warriors' attack.

The bandit's hiding place was in an ancient building that looked abandoned on the cliffside of a small hill. The cliff was not too high—only 20–25 meters high. Around it were several outbuildings that seemed to serve as living quarters, horse stables, and warehouses. There is a wooden fence that encloses the building to the small hill. There were also several watch towers near the fence, including one on top of the hill, right at the edge of the slope that the building was on. The building appeared to be an abandoned 4-story small castle, but it had been sufficiently renovated by the bandits.

The soldiers charged at full speed from their horses towards the wooden door of the fence surrounding the bandits' hiding place. Fiona and two soldiers moved towards the watchtower on the hill. To speed up the horse's running, Fiona used her aura to lighten her body so as to increase the speed of her horse. However, due to Fiona's inexperience in riding her horse, her speed was not too fast, so she ended up lagging behind her two bodyguards. In the end, Fiona chose to climb the short cliff by using qi to lighten her body.

The use of qi rather than aura caused Fiona's body to feel like a feather, it only took a few seconds for Fiona to reach the top of the hill and a few more seconds to reach the top of the watch tower above. Fiona looked like she was flying, using several footholds and hands to propel her body up the hill and to the top of the watch tower. Immediately, Fiona killed three bandits who were at the top of the watch tower. After the two soldiers escorting Fiona arrived, they immediately climbed to the top of the watch tower and used arrows to attack the bandits below. Meanwhile, Fiona immediately went down the cliff, and in a few seconds, she was behind the old castle.

The soldiers who attacked from the front using horses at high speed caused the bendits guarding the door to be very surprised. As a result, they couldn't do much before the swords of Garrick's soldiers finished them off. After that, the soldiers immediately entered the interior of the bandit's hiding place and began to attack the bandits near the main door of the bandit's hiding place.

The soldiers easily took control of the gate of the wooden fence surrounding the bandits' hiding place. They killed all the bandits around the door who were still surprised by the attack. Without waiting for the outcome of the battle around the bandits' hiding place, some of them immediately headed to all the watch towers along the wooden fence. Others began to enter the old castle building, and the rest of them spread out to all parts of the courtyard inside the wooden fence. They killed all the bandits who were still surprised by the attack. Many bandits died without even putting up a fight. It was more like a massacre than a battle. The bandits were completely unprepared for the surprise attack.

The soldiers who entered the old castle almost simultaneously with Fiona, who entered from the back of the old castle after killing several bandits who happened to be behind the old castle. The two-pronged attack left the bandits inside the old castle in disarray. Although there was a time lag between the entry of Garrick's soldiers into the fence surrounding the bandits' hiding place and their arrival at the front door of the old castle, it was still very difficult to prepare in such a short time.

Fiona's sword seemed to be a killing light, illuminating the inside of the narrow room located between the back door and the inside of the castle. The cramped space for battle made it difficult for the bandits to dodge or escape from Fiona's sword, which seemed to live on the prowl. Likewise, from the front door, the battle cry of the soldiers caused the unprepared bandits to drop their morale even more, making it easier for the soldiers to kill them.