Part 2 Chapter 3

6 months before Garrick Yarrow's 5th birthday.

Currently, Garrick had reached level 18 of the 1st realm and had to make a breakthrough towards the 2nd realm. Garricek tried to raise his level above level 10 to strengthen his cultivation base, and he was able to do so. However, to raise his level above level 10 and press a breakthrough, he had to use more qi energy, and it became much harder. Currently, Garrick is cultivating to raise his level again.

Every time Garrick wants to level up, he always goes to the river near his house to take a dip and break through the water. This is used so that all the dirt that is removed from the body can be quickly wasted.

Fiona has also been trained to train hard so that she can master all the martial arts techniques given by Garrick. At this time, Garrick begins to teach Fiona a new sword technique, namely 'Shooting Star', a technique that is more suitable for people over 17 years old. In addition, Fiona began to be taught how to use mana/qi to strengthen her legs so that she could run faster and jump higher (often called the science of lightening the body).

Garrick realized that he couldn't hold his realm rise to realm 2 any longer. At most, he could only endure a few more levels. Therefore, Garrick plans to raise his cultivation realm to 2nd realm (foundation establishment) before his 5th birthday. After that, if possible, Garrick wants to learn magic because that knowledge was unknown in his previous life.

---oOo---

One day Elvin, who had started to feel impatient after spending several years watching Garrick practice such things as dancing with his sword, wanted to start introducing him to standard sword techniques. For this reason, he wanted Garrick to be able to spar with someone who was above his age and ability but could hold back. After searching for some time, Elvin finally chose a knight candidate who was only 9 years old, but very talented and patient. That knight, Carl, could already reach rank 1 at such a young age. Elvin believes that, with his abilities, Garrick can surpass Carl at the same age.
"Garrick, you're almost 5 years old, it's time to learn some real sword moves. Come here and study together with Carl. Try showing your skills in parrying Carl's attacks."
"Yes, uncle Elvin." said Garrick, who always called Elvin uncle.
Garrick confronts Carl with Elvin between the two and acts as the judge.
"Carl, try to attack Garrick, don't use all your strength, okay?" Elvin said to Carl.
"Yes sir. I apologize for my impudence, young master." said Carl as he took a stance while carrying his wooden sword.
"That's fine, let's get started." said Garrick.
Garrick just stood with his sword at his side and pointed at the ground. Elvin found it very strange, because it was as if Garrick wasn't getting into a stance or getting ready to take the hit. Carl started to attack, even though he didn't use his full power. He ran towards Garrick and started to swing his wooden sword with both hands to do a vertical slash.

But what happened then was very surprising, when Carl was about to swing his sword in front of Garrick, his sword was hit from the side by Garrick's sword, so that Carl was shocked and his sword moved sideways to avoid Garrick's body, and Garrick was able to seem to dance, moving towards Carl's back while elbowing him, causing Carl to lose his balance and fall to his knees. By that time, Garrick had put his wooden sword against Carl's neck.

"Huh?" said Carl and Elvin together.

Both Carl and Elvin were very astonished by it. Carl can be paralyzed with just one move! A tier 1 knight was defeated by a 5 year old boy who had never dueled before.

"Try one more time, but use all your might." Garrick orders Carl.

Carl looked at Elvin, who nodded his approval.