Part 2 Chapter 14

The next day,

On this day, Garrick and his brothers wanted to see the house that King Harlow IV had given them. This was because they had to hire the people who would take care of the house. They had to determine the condition of the house, whether it needed repairs or just cleaning. The house given to Garrick was said to be quite rundown, despite its size. Garrick, therefore, had to see it immediately.

They first went to see the house given to Donna. It was located close to the Magic Academy. It seemed that His Majesty King Harlow IV had taken everyone's needs into account. The house was in a fairly expensive part of the city, so it wasn't very big. The total land area was only about 700 square meters. The house only occupied 300 meters less of the land and had two levels. There were 5 bedrooms in the house, and there were also 10 small bedrooms on the roof (which was the 3rd level) and the back of the house for the staff of the house.

The house is elongated, almost filling the length of the land. Also, the house is located in front of the land, leaving only 5 meters from the road. At the back was a large garden. In addition, there was a place for horse-drawn carriages and horses.

The condition of the house given to Donna was quite good, just a bit dirty because it had not been occupied for some time. However, there seemed to be an effort to maintain the house by the previous owner. It only required a thorough cleaning and the purchase of some furniture, as the house was almost empty.

The house given to Donna was less than 500 meters away from the Magic Academy's main entrance. Therefore, it was an ideal place for Donna to study at the magic academy. Donna does not need to stay in the dormitory at the magic academy.

"Well, that's a pretty nice house." Agatha said after seeing the house.

"Yes, mom. It's close to the magic academy that I want to join. It just needs a little cleaning." Donna said.

"This can be done by the people you will hire to take care of this house, Donna. Maybe you only need to hire one or two craftsmen to repair or customize what you want from this house." Duke Harold said.

"Yes, I want to hire many people to take care of this house. How much are we spending?" asked Donna.

"This is Anton, a famous talent scout in this city." Duke Harold said as he called out to someone who was there. "What do you think, Anton?"

"I think what Duke Harold said is right, I will find some handymen to do some minor repairs and make the changes that the lord's daughter wants." Anton said.

"How much should I expect to spend?" asked Donna.

"For the handyman, about 2 pieces of silver a week, miss. For maids and servants, about 7-10 pieces of silver a month. For the guards, the price is fixed, 9 silver pieces a month." Anton said.

"Oh, I see. Alright, I will calculate how much I will need." Donna said.

In the end, Donna had to hire at least eight people to take care of the house. Four people are guards who will live at the back of the house, and four more are maids and servants who will live on the roof of the house. In the end, Donna only hired 3 maids, and 1 cook who would cook for Donna when she came to the house and cook for other people when Donna was not home. In total, Donna had to spend 1 gold piece per month on the salaries of the employees and their various equipment and food.

Donna would buy furniture later in the day, after the Yarrow family had seen the whole houses. They only looked for less than an hour before they left for the house given to Wilfred.

Wilfred's house, like the house given to Donna, was in the vicinity of the magic academy. But Wilfred's house was also quite close to the knight academy. It seems that King Harlow IV could not decide whether Wilfred would enter the knight academy or the magic academy. The house given to Wilfred was about 800 meters from the magic academy and almost 1 kilometer from the knight academy.