Part 2 Chapter 15

A few days later

Garrick visited his farm with Fiona. There, he saw the construction of a facility for the army he now owned. The facility was located on land he had just bought for 1.5 platinum coins. The land area was 32 hectares, of which 17 hectares were forests and 15 hectares were fields that were usually planted with cereal crops. Of the 17 hectares of forest, 5 hectares were cleared, leaving 12 hectares of forest. Of the 15 hectares of fields, 7 hectares were also cleared, meaning there were a total of 12 hectares on which the living facilities and barracks of the soldiers and their families were built.

On 8 hectares of land, small houses were built for the soldiers' families. There are a total of 250 houses, with the land area of each house being 200 square meters, with 60 meters used for the house. The houses have one level and an attic, which is used as an additional room and storage. Each house has three rooms, including the attic room and a bathroom. The rest of the land is expected to be planted with crops for daily meals and a few chickens.

The remaining 4 hectares of land were used to build barracks and stable facilities for the cavalry. The remaining 8 hectares of field land will be planted with crops to support horse rearing. The forest can be used as a training ground for the army.

Garrick spent a total of five platinum coins to build the facility. The 50 troops who joined him in the castle were also given houses in that place for their families. As for the rest, Garrick planned to recruit 100 new troops, so that the total number of soldiers he had was 250: 100 cavalry and 150 infantry. Garrick planned to recruit up to a maximum of 500 soldiers for his personal protection in the future. For that, he planned to buy another farm next door and build the same facilities.

"Young master, we are still using tents to house the newly arrived troops and their families. We expect to have 60 houses and some barracks completed this month. With that, it is hoped that everyone can be accommodated even if they are still crowded together." Fiona said.
Good, Fiona, what about the news from Radin on the purchase of the farm next door?" asked Garrick.

"It's still up for bidding, sir. But it's a very large farm—42 acres. But most of the land is forest, if I'm not mistaken, there are 26 acres of forest." Fiona said

"How much is the landowner asking for?" asked Garrick

"Radin said the landowner is still asking for 3.5 platinum pieces. Radin wants to bargain down to under 3 gold pieces." Fiona said.

"Looks like we just used this land to build all the facilities, huh? We can open up all the forests on this land to make facilities for our army." Garrick said.

"It seems like it would speed up the construction of the facilities and cause all the facilities to be more clustered so that it would be easier to manage." Fiona said.

"Alright, if that's the case, then we decide to utilize all this land to build facilities. The land to be purchased can be used for support." Garrick said.

"Yes, young master." Fiona said.

"Let's go see the head of the army." Garrick said as he got back into his carriage with Fiona to go to the army camp.

.

.

.

Garrick and Fiona arrived at the army camp. Upon their arrival, they were immediately greeted by the troop vice Captain, Giorde.

"Welcome to our camp, sir." Giorde said

"Thank you, and we apologize for any inconvenience as we are still constructing the residential buildings for you all." Garrick said. "Vice Captain, where is Captain Trankle?"